Sedan versus Wagon Rear Springs?????????

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

earlyholdenfan
State: NOT ENTERED

Sedan versus Wagon Rear Springs?????????

Post by earlyholdenfan »

Guys, just wondering if the sedan rear springs on the EK were the same as the wagon springs, I can get a set of refurbished sedan springs and was wanting to slot them into my wagon?? can it be done? are there any differences at all?
holden1960fb

Post by holden1960fb »

dont hold me on this but im pretty certain that they were the same as ute springs which had and extra leaf in the spring pack.
Dr Terry
State: NSW

Post by Dr Terry »

Hi Guys.

I know this was asked a couple of months ago, but I only just found you guys.

To answer the spring question. Sedans had 4 leaves, wagons had 5 leaves & commercials both had 6 leaves.

Dr Terry.
hoon

Post by hoon »

In the early days we used to fit ute springs to our sedans too lift up the back so that deep dish wheels with the widest tyres possible (often 14 inch) would fit under the gaurds after pumping them out with a jack to the point of almost creasing the quarter panels and remoulding the wheel arches, top it of with a set of 450 double action shocks and put a good load of juice in the fairlane tank nestled between the chassis members and you where right to go, often standing it on two wheels around corners (hey I was young an bullet proof then)......
Anyway to get to your question if you fit these springs the car will sit a lot higher and ride a lot rougher.
The early days way of cheating to lower the back was run a oxy welders
torch over the leafs till it was the right hight, but this of course wrecks the springs tension.
Another thing I used to do was run a double front stabaliser bar with the eyelets cut of one and joined by metal spacers.