Great Cars Going To Waste

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mick
State: NSW

Re: Great Cars Going To Waste

Post by Mick »

adell'e 1969 wrote: i asked about a few different cars and he told me i was making a list ??? Then lost his shit at me so i bit my tongue and headed home . Aparrently he has a number of very low mile cars in the old dealership a few streets away and a heap of nos parts Tony
not saying you were dicking him around but that is precisely why they are all still there he got sick and tired of being dicked around didn't need the money so figured it was no loss to him and a hell of a lot less stress to tell people to f#%k off not for sale than put up with the endless how much for this how much for that and then not make a sale
and yes there is tons of NOS (buildings full of it) and yes quite a few very low mile cars some only ever been regoed on the road for a couple of years
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
EK Kustom
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by EK Kustom »

61FBspecial wrote:There is a yard in my suburb in the industrial area with row upon row and 3 high of some extremely rare old car's rusting away. I often take the dog for a walk past there to see what I can spot. There are not too many Holden's in there as far as I can see in, a few EH's and HR's and an FC. Apparently the guy who owns them is an old hillbilly and will not sell any of his car's or their parts. From the street I can see a few Valiant Charger's, early Beetles, Mini's, early Jap car's that are pulling huge money now (Corona coupe's and KE10 - 25 corolla's) a Lloyd Alexander, a Goliath, a Peugeot 403, a Honda Scamp and an S600 coupe etc to name a handful.

I often think these silly old bugger's are very selfish, they make me angry. They tease the real enthusiasts who are looking for those last few parts to make their car's complete. We all know, the old buggers know as well, they have no intention what so ever 'doing them up one day' as they alway's rant about. I fail to see sense in 'collecting' all these car's when their 'collection' is literally falling to pieces before their eyes and therefore becoming worthless with deterioration.

I think they should all go and see a doctor about their hoarding issues and do all the people in the old car movement a favour, and from all the money they make selling the car's, buy a proper house instead of living in a shack, and go and collect stamps or something!

*disclaimer - 61fbspecial does not wish to offend anyone using this forum who may fit the above profile*
This guy is entitled to have his car hoard, he bought them and put them on his land like we've all done. I bet he accumulated this before some snotty nosed winger was even born. Its not like there aren't other car stash's elsewhere around revesby, sometimes you have to drive on dirt roads. And who's got anything against living in shacks, our hillbilly shack is ultra modern inside once you pass through the hillbilly verandah façade.

I've bought parts from this guy in the past and I found him very accommodating, he can smell a rat from 1000 yards so that rules out the majority of modern buyers who only buy to make a profit online.

Getting through the gate for the first time required two visits from Newcastle just to prove I was a authentic enthusiast. The first time he watched me from a distance. But then i only buy what I personally need for a project. I'm not into making a profit at someone elses loss after they've hoarded there stash for 40yrs. Needless to say I spent half a day there talking about his cars and some of there history. He was a very interesting chap, so I got the guided tour because I'm honest. I almost forgot to ask about the parts I needed and his reply was he'd had the cars there for 30 years and I was the first bloke to buy off them. In fact he now had a market for the car parts in the U.K. and he was sending them back piece by piece.
adell'e 1969

Post by adell'e 1969 »

Gday i was at work last swing having a beer with a few guys and a guy from WA mentioned the Peak Hill yard .He said the old fella that was the owner of the yard and ran the servo next door had passed ?? And the cars were available . Look to be honest it could have been wet mess talk but spun me out this guy from down south in WA knew about this yard Social media i guess ?? Cheers Tony
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

pretty much everybody knows about the place :wink: and I had heard he'de passed away quite a while back but he still has sons etc that have pretty much the same attitude as the old fella
I've heard people say he owned the servo but I'm not sure, before the servo burned down I was talking to the blokes in the servo who said they owned it and said they were not associated with the old fella or cars, that's not to say they weren't bullshitting or he may have owned it and they'de bought it
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
EKfanPaul2

Post by EKfanPaul2 »

They're not going to waste. All parts are for sale. No bargain prices though. Most bodies have had it.
Paul K