Shortening standard diff PICS ADDED

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

While your diff is out why don't you grab a wheel and stick it up under the guard and see what you like, but keep in mind the clearance between the bumpstops and chassis for one and the tailshaft and floor.

Like Devilrod said it's your call but it's what your prepared to live with, they aren't the most comfortable to drive like that, but it's a trade off for the look you want.
Trev 8)
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

I run a 2 inch block and flipped leaf, cut coils (cheap and probably nasty in the long run) which I guess maybe 3.5 to 4 inch drop. But in your case its really going to come down to tyre clearance. That extra inch in rim height alone changes things dramatically. Like Trev said while the diff is out see how far up you can push the tyre before it fouls on anything. Then lower the front first, as this will dictate how low the back will go. Tyre clearance up front is tgoingto be the guiding factor. You don't really want a taildragger stance with those rims. Go for a half inch rake, sloping up at the back. This will allow for some passengers too!

Good luck and I hope you can achieve the look YOU want. These are but only tips too help guide you it is after your car.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
(AUST)Mod
State: WA

Post by (AUST)Mod »

trev, iam really liking the stance of your car, i think i will aim to try and reproduce it on my car, with your permission of course :lol:
Trev

Post by Trev »

If you want the look of my car just do what Devilrod has just explained, after all I just copied what he did :roll: , probably not as low up front.
Keep in mind your wheels are bigger than ours, (14x5 front + 14x6 back and 195/75 tyres on mine) as you suggested earlier you might have to sacrifice tyre size to fit.
You don't need to ask permission, just do it, we all get inspired by someone!
Isn't that rite Brett :wink: ,
Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Trev wrote:You don't need to ask permission, just do it, we all get inspired by someone!
Isn't that rite Brett :wink: ,
Trev 8) .
Sure is!

I'd love to fit airbags, moreso to regain some ride comfort back, but hey it'll do for now...
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

devilrod this helps abit with ride quality, i'm guessing you have a HR diff, if so if you have cut down yor bump stops and they are flat at the top take them out and cut/grind them back to a point so they are still pointy but about half the size, it's helped me
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

devilrod airbags you say 8)
this is a car i sold to a guy, not anywhere near this condition :cry: but it was a good auto body :D , it's up newcastle way and a mate of mine is/ was doing the airbags in it
i'll have to send an email to see how he's progressing, this will be one of the best when finished 8) 8) 8)
fb cruzn

Post by fb cruzn »

:shock: :shock: thats nice 8) 8)
NoMAD

air bags....

Post by NoMAD »

that looks awesome...

whats a chance of getting a photo of the actual air bag setups front and rear, tank etc.....

I know this is obviously your mates business but please.....

Cheers
NoMAD
oldnek

Post by oldnek »

Ratbox.
Thats 1 sick lookin car, can't wait to see her when she's complete, Kool Kolor,
suits it to a T ':P'

Regards John
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

ratbox wrote:devilrod this helps abit with ride quality, i'm guessing you have a HR diff, if so if you have cut down yor bump stops and they are flat at the top take them out and cut/grind them back to a point so they are still pointy but about half the size, it's helped me
More like I need to do that to the front! Still running EK bump stops on the reaer (ej diff, lets just say it wasn't what we were told it was and I didn't pick it up in person it was delivered by a third party :x )....

As for the purple sedan, HELL YEAH!!!!!! How good does that look 8) 8) 8)
(AUST)Mod

Post by (AUST)Mod »

its into the shop for the new diff and lowering, will post pics of it on thursday:)
(AUST)Mod

Post by (AUST)Mod »

going for crs drop spindles on the front and blocks and flipped springs on the rear;)
axeman
State: SA

Post by axeman »

That is one sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ride .go to love air bags . love to see pics on how they got it so low especially the back
IF ITS NOT OVER POWERED ITS NO FUN

PRAISE THE LOWERED
axeman
State: SA

Post by axeman »

Hey Ratbox What ever happened to the purple EK with air bags
IF ITS NOT OVER POWERED ITS NO FUN

PRAISE THE LOWERED