Original Colours and Trim Query

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Jason
State: WA

Original Colours and Trim Query

Post by Jason »

G'day Fellas,

Has anyone got a photo of a FB in Banff Blue (585-9689) with a Canyon Blue (585-9905) insert or an EK in Wedgewood blue (585-0115) with a Snow crest white roof (585-0246)?

I'm pretty keen to paint the cars in the original colours but not sure what they look like as they've been reprayed.

Also the FB has a trim code of 602-884 and the EK trim is 739-966. I can't seem to decifer these colours. The seats in them seem to be the original ones but I would like to make sure as they need a retrim so I would like to keep them as close to original as I can.

Thanks fellas.
Cheers

Jason

State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FB MAD »

602-884 is:-

Dragoon ( no , not a typo it actually says Dragoon not Dragon ) and Jockey Blue with Stardust Grey Bolsters.

739-966

Viscount and Zenith Blue

Viscount/Zenith Blue was a popular trim combo.

Sorry, but never seen Dragoon/Jockey/Stardust combo??
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi Jason, this colour is close ...

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8945

Dragoon and Jockey Blue with stardust grey bolster

Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Wedgwood Blue / Snowcrest White

Viscount and Zenith Trim.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Jason , did you have a look at the paint on my ute last weekend in the shed ??? That is Banff blue.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Thanks Blacky, Steve & FB Mad, those colours look great. The FB is currently monotoned (if there is such a word) and has rust in the usual places so will need a respray anyway, the EK is flat black so is also in need of some paint.

Blacky, I did like the colour of your ute. I take it that the canyon blue is darker to contrast the light colour. That should look quite good. Cheers mate

Steve / FB Mad thanks for the information / photos. The wedgewood blue / snowcrest white go quite well together also. So the Ek's seat trim goes in a different direction to the FB. I must have a FB seat in my EK. At least I know now that they're not original then. At the moment they're kinda grey with a Pilbara red mud / dust inserts.

I've got a colour chart from one of the manuals I've got but haven't been able to find one for the trim. If you have a copy you could scan or let me know where to locate the information it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Cheers

Jason

Post by FB MAD »

Steve knows a lot about trims but I know there are some early EK's getting around with factory FB leftover trim and maybe late FB's with some EK trim??

So there can be some variations from what would appear to be standard factory applications when it comes to expected trim combo's.

Steve would best to expand on this and correct what I've said if it's not right??
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
Cal

Post by Cal »

Don't the EK Standards have their trim in a similar layout to FB's?

Though from what I've read. the EK in question is a Special..
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi Jason, is your EK a Ute?

Steve
Jason

Post by Jason »

G'day Fellas,

Cal, Yes the EK is a special sedan.

Steve, The serial number is EK225-21765 S. Looking at the serial numbers published on Body, Pant, panel / GMH Body Identification Plates it is quite high so late model.

The car has already been molested with a 173 red motor, 4 speed aussie gbox and HR / disc front cross member so it wouldn't surprise me that the seat is not original either. I have an original cross member and grey motor / gear box to go back in so I guess I need to source an EK seat now as well.

Cheers
Cheers

Jason

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi Jason, you can find special trim in standards traveling in the Vertical direction.

Steve

Jason

Post by Jason »

Found it! Cheers Steve
Cheers

Jason