26/09/09 Londonderry NSW 'Real Fine Stuff' THIS SATURDAY

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in N.S.W.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, NSW Mod

The Yeti
State: NOT ENTERED

26/09/09 Londonderry NSW 'Real Fine Stuff' THIS SATURDAY

Post by The Yeti »

Hi guys it's been a while since I've posted on this forum, please don’t flame me for just joining to promote an event that isn’t my angel.

The reason for this post today though is to promote an event I am event I am involved with,, on Saturday the 26th of September we are having our annual RFS Station Open day, but we thought we’d step it up a notch and we are now holding the Real Fine Stuff Automotive Day.

This thing is open to any thing with an engine or wheels whilst the event is being supported by 2 hot rod clubs the day is open to all forms Automotive, all said and done we don’t care if you bring along the kids pushy.

There’s no actual judged classes but there will be a few awards based on the entrants the fireys think are most out standing.

The plan is for a casual event, with plenty to keep the whole family occupied, there will be Fire fighting demos, the kids (big & small) can climb all over the trucks play with charged hoses, what ever all the guys and girls will be only to happy to show you over every thing, this is the perfect time to ask any questions you have about prepare your home for the upcoming fire season, on top of this we hope to bring back the Londonderry community markets these have every thing from brick-a-brac to Nanas home made cakes and biscuits throw in some cool cars and it ticks every box for pretty much every body.

The event will be held on Saturday 26th of September 2009 at Londonderry oval (enter off Trahlee Road via Londonderry Road) start time is 9am

For more information on the day go to http://www.hotrodclub.info/Rodrun.htm

At Londonderry we are a Village category station this means we not only do bush grass and scrub fire but we also respond to homes and other structures as well as Motor vehicle accidents and any thing else your normal full time or retained fire brigade would turn out too.

This will be the focus of our demonstrations, what to do if you have a kitchen fire, how to choose an extinguisher, demonstrations on using the extinguisher. We are also planning a joint demonstration with another organisation with a simulated motor vehicle accident, (this is planed to go worst case scenario )

So we figure as we have a car there to do with as we see fit, why not blow the engine up, it’s a little different to guessing how many jelly beans in a jar as we don’t know before we turn the key how long it will last.

On top of this we are planning a little audience participation, so how strong are you guys???? How about we face off 2 Fire tankers + 2 lengths of rope 2 teams, who can tug the tanker over the distance faster????? Come on guys show us what ya got!!!!

You would think all that would fill the day up wouldn’t you? Well we haven’t stopped there, we also have DylanDrew performing on the truck stage and are working on securing other acts.

We have a page off the Macquarie Towns Hot Rod Club Website that is updated as new things are announced so check it frequently for the latest info

For any one that may be interested our brigade has serviced not only the community of Londonderry but also other regions around NSW and even interstate over the last 50+ years. Last year Londonderry RFS was one of the busiest volunteer brigades in the state attending well over 200 incident calls. As well as responding to fire / emergency calls we as a brigade have spent thousands of hours both educating and actively preventing fire with in the community.

The reason we are holding this day as part of the State wide RFS open day scheme is to raise much needed funds to extend our existing fire station with a third engine bay, this is to house the third vehicle our brigade has that is currently housed at our Captains residence, as you can imagine this is not the ideal situation so we are working hard to raise the necessary funds to carryout this extension.

Those photos were taken in Londonderry in January this year
Last edited by The Yeti on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
yeprat1

Post by yeprat1 »

i'll be there yeti as i only live one street away cool i can spend all day there should be good might see my mate from central coast see if he will bring his blown chev ute and maybe bring some of his mates get as much money as we can for u guys .the thing that sucks is u do this for free and the tight arse government cant even extend your station . cheers troy
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

We do it for free that’s true but we do it cause we love it no different to playing for the local footy team, the council / sate Gvt have replaced the old dilapidated demountable class room with a new building and the Premier gave us a cheque for 10k towards the new engine bay so its not all doom and gloom infact allot of country brigades still operate out of members sheds so were doing OK but, the only way to get the 3rd bay is to get the money so if we get more people to the event the more money it will make (and the better the event will be)

this is open to all forms automotive so bring em if ya gotem
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Some of my freinds got in to the pinup thing to help me promote the day

what do you think

FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

The Yeti wrote:Some of my freinds got in to the pinup thing to help me promote the day

what do you think

:roll: You have nice looking friends. :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

FB MAD wrote:
The Yeti wrote:Some of my freinds got in to the pinup thing to help me promote the day

what do you think

:roll: You have nice looking friends. :roll: :wink: :wink: :wink:

and if it gets more people to the event I'll shamlessly exploite them :lol:

all jokes aside there great mates who are helping me with this and I really appreceate their help
matchew

Post by matchew »

what do you think

so is it a 37 chev ute?
always a good day for cars
Cal

Post by Cal »

Who cares......... :lol: 8)
matchew

Post by matchew »

ummmm :?:

me :D

girlz cost to much anywayz :lol: :wink:
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

matchew wrote:

what do you think

so is it a 37 chev ute?
Close your out by a year, its a mate of mines 38 Coupe Ute, mines a family freindly 4 door 37
dave68
State: QLD

Post by dave68 »

Too bad about the add in the backgroung, spoils a real nice picture.. :twisted: :wink:
Whatever....:(
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Yea shucks hey, o well why don’t you come to the event and tell the people who took it in person: wink:

While your there be sure to buy your lunch a few raffle tickets and guess how long it will take for the engine to blow

Just so you know

Every last cent of profit form this day goes to the fire brigade we are running this thing as cheaply as we can the band are playing for free the car we are blowing up / cutting up and doing all sorts of things to has been donated as has the hire of the grounds so far the only thing we are paying for is the food we are selling, this isn’t another charity event where the organizers through the charity a cheque at the end of the day for a few bucks and walk away with fat wallets them self’s this is organsied by the brigade for the brigade the 2 hot rod clubs are helping but are not taking any thing from the day $$$ wise

We would love to see loads of cool old holden Cruzers so bring them down :P
matchew

Post by matchew »

The Yeti wrote:
matchew wrote:

what do you think

so is it a 37 chev ute?
Close your out by a year, its a mate of mines 38 Coupe Ute, mines a family freindly 4 door 37
id be interested in sein some pics of both of these cars :D 8)
my boss has been doin up a custom 37 chev coupe ute for the past three years and its gettin pretty close now 8)
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Mines easy to find (as I tart it arround every where)

http://www.ozrodders.com/board/viewtopi ... ht=37+chev

Mick on the other hand is alittle more privet

got any pics of your boss's ute?
The Yeti

Post by The Yeti »

Today we had the photographer out for some shots to go with an article they are running for the event.

Here’s some we got while the real camera dude was taking proper photos