Universal Yoke washer

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Lolly
State: NOT ENTERED

Universal Yoke washer

Post by Lolly »

...... apparently I need a new Universal Yoke washer for the EK. Does anyone know where I could buy one of these items? Any suggestions would be appreciated as the mechanic is pulling his hair out trying to track one down!!. thanks, Sue :?:
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

never heard of it!
Regards,

Sammy.

http://www.oldholdens.com
minifb

Post by minifb »

I think if you try any chook farm they might be able to help...(sorry sue just cant help myself sometimes) Cheers Mark
FB/EKForum member 123
ImageWoofto Car Club Member No4

IF ITS NOT CHOPPED IT MAY ASWELL BE RESTORED

Member FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

More information required Sue , can you take a picture of the part you need or tell us where it goes and what it does ????
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Lolly

Post by Lolly »

thanks for the advice mini!! :D

Blacky, apparently is it something to do with the automatic transmission and the drive shaft? I have an original hydromatic and it is leaking transmission fluid and the mechanic said this was one of the places where it was leaking, he also said that I would need to get an entire Universal Yoke as the washer comes moulded as part of that.????

He has done me a drawing of the part (which is why I'm the graphic designer and he's the mechanic!!) but it may explain it better?
I'm afraid that prior to owning my beautiful Ek my mechanical knowledge was ZILCH :cry: - but you will be pleased to know it is now growing exponentially! :lol:
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Send a PM to Dr Terry - he is the resident guru for stuff like that 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

your not talking about the flat washer that goes between the two holes on one side cup of the rear uni and has the tabs on it that are bent up to lock the nuts in place are you ?

if so then i don't think you NEED them, i've had plenty of cars with just lock washers and nuts and never had any problems with them coming loose.
Regards,

Sammy.

http://www.oldholdens.com