Power Steering in A EK Sedan

Includes handbrake, cylinders, shoes, discs, rims and rubber.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

jwk87
State: NOT ENTERED

Power Steering in A EK Sedan

Post by jwk87 »

Hi All,

I have a HR front end, in the EK, was going to put a shortened rear mounted VB commodore rack in the front end.

Does anybody know of a power steering rack that may fit an EK ??

Has anybody put a power steering rack in an EK.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jason
RedWhiteFB
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by RedWhiteFB »

I looked into this about 12 months ago and was told from a number of so-called experts in no uncertain terms that it definitely cannot, in any way, shape or form, be done ever and if I even think about doing again I'll be damned to the 7th pit of Hell!

Apparently a power steering rack won't fit - but if you find a way of doing it, I'd love to hear from you.

The same goes for airconditioning. Has anyone out there put an airconditioner in their FB? Yes, I know that I can open the quarter window and this is as refreshing as any airconditioner that's been put out on the market, however when you drive your car all day, every day, those 38 degree days get a bit warm.

Cheers,
Aaron.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Dunno about power steering , but theres a bloke in Kalgoorlie who has an air conditioner in his EK ( same as an FB- just better looking :D )
It has a red motor though , dont know how you would go fitting it to a grey...........