Red Rattler Revamp

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FireKraka
State: WA

Re: Red Rattler Revamp

Post by FireKraka »

Love the nutsert idea of holding the kick panel in mate. :thumbsup:
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

be carefull of jigsaws

Ouch :wtf: :wtf:
Attachments
411398985_3517471931800556_6023098432999272662_n.jpg
411398985_3517471931800556_6023098432999272662_n.jpg (119.78 KiB) Viewed 679 times
411512517_2425028381032155_6709560146200296642_n.jpg
411512517_2425028381032155_6709560146200296642_n.jpg (84.71 KiB) Viewed 679 times
413386135_6989813931104685_112196832500854569_n.jpg
413386135_6989813931104685_112196832500854569_n.jpg (105.22 KiB) Viewed 679 times
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got a few hours in today , took Micks advice and made an MDF parcel shelf to sort out the butchered speaker holes and finished off the kick panels. Made sure I kept on the correct side of the jigsaw blade too 😳😳😳
Covering it black stuff was easy enough……

Then I went to fit it and found this ….. :esurprised: :esurprised:

Must have had a pretty decent whack at some stage of her life ,needed to do a bit of panelbeating to be able to get the nutserts to go in so time to get the bodging hammers warmed up - which wasn’t difficult seeing as it was 39 degrees here today :thumbsdown:

Straightened it out as best I could and got it all to fit - it ain't pretty but it works :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Red Rattler Revamp

Post by Blacky »

Like a glove Image

Then got stuck into the parcel shelf - fortunately I had a certain 2 door in the shed that I could use as a template

Went with 9mm MDF so I can sit the old parcel shelf over the top if I find it - God knows where it has gone …….marked it out, trimmed the corners and found the parcel shelf has a kick up at the back which needed addressing so out came the plane and trimmed it up to fit

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Like this

Now that it fits and the old holes are marked it’s time to measure out the holes for the new speakers to try and eliminate as much of the previous butchery with fresh new butchery

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Door cards arrived today so I removed the trim off the old cards and transferred them over to the new ones , was a bit warm in the shed even though I didn’t get in there until nearly 6pm

Old cards were pretty crusty -

Removed the foam , reglued it all and they are sitting with weights on them to try and get it all to bond together

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Was looking at all the leftover MDF and thought I might have a go at making a console seeing as there is no cup holders plus I need somewhere to mount speakers and a couple more gauges so I did a bit of CAD work

Then cut a side out

Fettled it into shape so it follows the floor and finishes where I want it to finish under the dash then used it as a template for the other side - I am assuming here that both sides are the same even though it’s almost a certain bet they won’t be Image

That’s as far as I got tonight- play will resume tomorrow hopefully then on the bird Wednesday off to site for a few days Image

62ekute
State: ACT

Post by 62ekute »

geez Blacky, with all those new gizmos you'll need something like this...

dice.jpg
dice.jpg (42.92 KiB) Viewed 610 times
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

62ekute wrote:geez Blacky, with all those new gizmos you'll need something like this...

dice.jpg
More like this I think ……..

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Well Tuesday night didn’t happen nor any other night until play resumed yesterday-was working in sunny Onslow where it tends to get a little bit warm ImageImage

Outa there thank God and back into it , continued the console build ,cut the passenger side to fit then decided they needed to have a bend so made a couple of wedges, tipped some hot water over them , clamped them up and put them out in the sun to dry

While I was waiting for that to dry I mounted and wired up the horns and the fan , put the grille in and now the front of the car is back together

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then I put the underlay and the carpet back in and continued with the console- made a couple of braces to hold it together and sat it in there -

And that’s about it for today

FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Now you’re getting there mate, console looks very tidy.
When’s the key turning ceremony :lol: you must be getting very close.
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Yet more wires today, sorted out the non functioning Numberplate lights, made a gauge panel and installed and wired up a boost and AFR gauge
Then threw a battery in and that’s where the fun began , spent the rest of the day sorting out various dramas and getting things working.
Put the blower back on and got as much done as we could because we are going to try and fire it up on Wednesday night ImagePImage

basic.green
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by basic.green »

cant wait for Thursdays post :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
building the dream Rick
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Hell yeah!!

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie