marilyn and doris

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKDV8
State: NOT ENTERED

marilyn and doris

Post by EKDV8 »

spo tted this ek special at classic olden last week the owner Marilyn has owned the ek named doris for over 25yrs a nd is her daily driver 8)
foundation member #12 fb/ek holden club of WA
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Re: marilyn and doris

Post by WayneXG95 »

Nice colour, love the yellow.. 8)
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Yes :D
Wayne Chambers
President
Mick

Post by Mick »

i like yellow but the part i love about the story it's her daily driver :thumbsup: :thumbsup: so many people go on about owning an old car but also how many own a commodore or such while the old car sits in the garage
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Mick wrote:i like yellow but the part i love about the story it's her daily driver :thumbsup: :thumbsup: so many people go on about owning an old car but also how many own a commodore or such while the old car sits in the garage
:oops: :oops: :oops: sadly that's me now.... luckily though no commondore! It's great having an early as a daily driver but for me I'm not going to risk mine again. As much as I want to drive it everyday, I'm not game to risk it all again.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Mick

Post by Mick »

yeah i'm just as guilty :oops: but then i don't need a daily and once the 2 door is regoed i'm going to find it EXTREMELY HARD to give up the VY and there's a fair chance i won't :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :(

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
1962ek

Post by 1962ek »

I'm a firm believer that you can't take your money with you when you go. So with what money you have , put it into something
that you can enjoy NOW. What I'm trying to say is, why spend your money on something that you want to keep hidden in the shed
and only bring it out on special occasions, once or twice a month. Get it out and enjoy it, drive it, show it off, you could die tomorrow and what did you get out of it, ziltch, nothing. That's why I drive my cars whenever and as often as I can, we even take 2 cars out together on a day trip. You may as well put them on classic rego and only drive on club outings.
A car is something to enjoy, so get out there and enjoy them. The most enjoyment I get is when people break their necks looking around and saying, Hey, look at that, I used to have one of those years ago,brings back memories.
Get them out of the shed and DRIVE EM. Cheers Graham
WayneXG95

Post by WayneXG95 »

Nailed it Graham. :thumbsup:
Wayne Chambers
President
1962ek

Post by 1962ek »

It's like buying a house and not live in it, aye Wayne. Imagine all the cars that we don't know about that have been restored or revived, just sitting in sheds with their owners sitting there looking at them, not game to bring em out for fear of something happening. That's what insurance is for. Maybe they are bad drivers? :silent: :lol:
Mick

Post by Mick »

1962ek wrote:I'm a firm believer that you can't take your money with you when you go. So with what money you have , put it into something
that you can enjoy NOW. What I'm trying to say is, why spend your money on something that you want to keep hidden in the shed
and only bring it out on special occasions, once or twice a month. Get it out and enjoy it, drive it, show it off, you could die tomorrow and what did you get out of it, ziltch, nothing. That's why I drive my cars whenever and as often as I can, we even take 2 cars out together on a day trip. You may as well put them on classic rego and only drive on club outings.
A car is something to enjoy, so get out there and enjoy them. The most enjoyment I get is when people break their necks looking around and saying, Hey, look at that, I used to have one of those years ago,brings back memories.
1962ek wrote: it's like buying a house and not live in it, aye Wayne. Imagine all the cars that we don't know about that have been restored or revived, just sitting in sheds with there owners looking at them, not game to bring em out for fear of something happening. That's what insurance is for. Maybe they are bad drivers? :silent: :lol:
Graham my new hero :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: spot on :clap:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

1962ek wrote:I'm a firm believer that you can't take your money with you when you go. So with what money you have , put it into something
Totally agree, I'm far from precious about my cars. BUT, when you have driven it daily for seven years only to have some lowlife steal it and then $*#@ it up a bit you have to seriously rethink your ways. Mine will be driven, just not daily anymore. Harsh reality I have to deal with. Some people are scum and I work in amongst their play ground..... Although I will add I get more enjoyment out of driving my cars and I couldn't care less if no one looked at them.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Devilrod wrote:
Although I will add I get more enjoyment out of driving my cars and I couldn't care less if no one looked at them.
it's a good thing and a bad thing i don't mind the old blokes paying attention and having a yap and can also sometimes lead to a find, but god i hate getting trapped by the dreamers

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter