United Motor Trimmers

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKjimmy
State: NOT ENTERED

United Motor Trimmers

Post by EKjimmy »

Anyone had any dealings with United Motor Trimmers? http://www.unitedmotortrimmers.com.au/index.html
Steve just picked up some seats he bought from me, and I asked him about tuck and roll for HR buckets and says he can do a pair for around $900.
Just seems too cheap? Says he stitches the tucks rather than buying premade stuff. The photos of his work looks pretty good - there's little wrinkles etc, however I understand that these go away after a little bit of use?
Jimmy
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
stinky
State: SA

Re: United Motor Trimmers

Post by stinky »

That is cheap, is he replacing foam and padding underneath etc too?
The "pre-made" stuff is probably the RF welded marine gear with a fake stitch line, can't say I have ever seen it used in a car before anyway.
Depending on where the wrinkles are, they might come out. Light wrinkles come out with some heat, vinyl is forgiving that way, but if it is foam backed (as in the pleats) it will probably stay there.
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

Nah by the looks of the photos it wasn't the pleated areas, so i assume it is the type of thing which would come out.
I asked him about replacing padding etc, he said he replaces the bits that need replacing - so i guess the extra cost of some other trimmers lies in the frame work, padding etc.
It was only a rough idea in conversation anyway, so i suppose the next step would be to get an actual quote from him and find out exactly what would be done.
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
stinky
State: SA

Post by stinky »

50 Year old seat = replace the padding and foam
Even if the seats have seen a good life, the gear still breaks down over time
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

Yeah that's what i reckon too