Fingers 327sbc and T400 FB Project

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

fingers
State: VIC

Re: Fingers 327sbc and T400 FB Project

Post by fingers »

Mick Jagger wrote:lookin 8) as,is that a leyland v8
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hey mate thank for checking it out .....the motor is a plastic mockup 327 sbc makes it easy when ya doing engine mounts etc when ya by yaself ...the motor is an exact copy with bolt holes for all assecories including engine mounts, dissy ,inlet manifold , extractors and water pump.....greatest investment I,ve made ..the gearbox is a gutted out T400 with no inards its very light as well ..Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
fingers

Post by fingers »

A little more time on the red terror today got the front the cross member drilled and crush tubes installed and welded ...the subframe strengthening bars finished and installed .........The crush tube was 12mm dia 2mm wall and was fully welded ...the cross member was reinforced with 3 mm channel and plug welded in position
Last edited by fingers on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

Staunch :thumbsup:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
zl296

Post by zl296 »

dont know any good powder coaters fingers..... :lol:
any photo,s

make an old car new.... :ebiggrin:

:thumbsup:
kiid61

Post by kiid61 »

looking good fingers ;)
fingers

Post by fingers »

Got a couple of days off work ...too wet on site ......soooooooo.....got stuck into my front engine mounts got them shaped and tack welded into position ...Heath from Southern Chassis Tigged them into place , I sanded the frontend down and recoated it in 2pack primer ready for top coat black but that will be done just prior to the final fitup ..it was painted once before but after being fitted and removed several times it was looking a bit dodgey ..
the panel guy ( Michael from Body By Caddy ) did some more rust patchs ....hes nearly finished his job just a little bit more to do and has done a top job, I,m very happy and would recommend this work ....
I started the gearbox mount this afternoon and hope to finish it tomorrow ....
The 10mm plates welded to the inside of the chasssis rail will be tappped and are for the tailshaft loop to be bolted to ...the crush tubes are for the rear gearbox mount .......tomorrow I will fit out the other side inner rail and fit inner strengthening and top plates and weld into place ......
Gotta work again tomorrow .........all this work is eating into my project time .......
fingers

Post by fingers »

a little more work ...........a couple of days closer ...Michael from Body By Caddy doing what he does best ......
welding the inner chassis rail in ......
Just a little more work required to fit the rear g/box mount and tailshaft loop and the undercarriage will be ready for cleaning up and detailing ......................
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

Double the strenght! Very nice. Making some good progress.
fingers

Re:

Post by fingers »

Devilrod wrote:Double the strenght! Very nice. Making some good progress.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thanks mate . It should be fairly strong but the main reason to put inner rails in was, I was looking at some CRS kits and the gearbox mounts were nearly a metre wide and with over 400hp I reckon they would buckle and fold with this setup the gearbox cross member is only about 450mm wide....

I gotta go do some work next week so wont be much done ...all this work is eating into my project time......still got to keep the wolf away from the door huh ..........Fingers
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I would have thought the engine mounts would take care of the twisting motion , not the tranny mount ?

Bloody nice work anyway :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
fingers

Post by fingers »

Blacky wrote:I would have thought the engine mounts would take care of the twisting motion , not the tranny mount ?

Bloody nice work anyway :thumbsup:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Have ya seen the crs gearbox mount they just look flimsy ...maybe ya right mate ...but it just didnt do it for me ....thanks for looking Blacky ......Fingers
DOLLER

Post by DOLLER »

Yeah fingers, Ive seen the CRS ones :roll:
Thats why I did mine out of 40x40x4mm with 8mm plate. My engineer said I can copy the CRS style componets, just make them twice as strong. :lol:
Run what ya brung and hope it's enough
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Very nice work...........be watching this one carefully :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
zl296

Post by zl296 »

quality work.....

fingers....