GMH Body Id Plate, Chassis & engine No ..... Please post.

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Aussie Bob
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: GMH Body Id Plate, Chassis & engine No ..... Please post

Post by Aussie Bob »

One other thing i would like to add, is that Holden possibly didn't put chassis 1001 on the first car either.

Steve
Trev

Post by Trev »

Steve Jackson wrote:One other thing i would like to add, is that Holden possibly didn't put chassis 1001 on the first car either.

Steve
It was probably used on one of the crash test cars :shock: :roll: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

quick, lets get the shovels out! probably buried at Lang Lang ....

S
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Steve Jackson wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

quick, lets get the shovels out! probably buried at Lang Lang ....

S
Nope , JP481 has it , along with all the other number 1 and 2 build cars :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

He has been very quite, must be working on something! ;)

S
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

this is not a shot at yor car steve but it's just the best possable comparison :)
why does everybody pick on JP481 :? steve gets the gold EK with no more proof of what it is (yes he has proof a director at GM owned it) than JP has for his car yet everybody laps it up that the EK is real but the same people think JP is full of sh!t

admitedly steve will let anybody see and give there opinion on the EK, where as JP says yes but then moves the goal posts :roll:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

There is a lot more some people know about JP, than they can say or should say on a public forum.

With relation to my EK, what is there to prove? knowing what it is is simple .... It's a very rare EK Holden, know why it was built is the missing link.

Anyone that is into the fascination of factory built cars and oddities, knows the importance of the surfacing of the Gold EK!

I Hope more info comes to light or even another Rare EK is unearthed.

Some people may not understand the significance of the factory fitted features or the car. That's OK :)

Steve
Mick

Post by Mick »

as i said it wasn't suposed to be about yor car just an example :wink:
but if you want me to make the comparisons, you called it a prem prototype where is there any official proof that it could be anything other than a car with a few other options added for the boss and for that matter where is any official proof that the stuff was fitted at the factory, although it was most likely, but what you've told or showed me nothing proves it was factory fitted

this is or was in no way meant to disscredit yor car, just as an example of 2 possably rare factory cars, but like i said yor more willing to have people look and give there opinions and the other seems to be take my word but you can't look

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

harry186 wrote:as i said it wasn't suposed to be about yor car just an example :wink:
but if you want me to make the comparisons, you called it a prem prototype where is there any official proof that it could be anything other than a car with a few other options added for the boss and for that matter where is any official proof that the stuff was fitted at the factory, although it was most likely, but what you've told or showed me nothing proves it was factory fitted

this is or was in no way meant to disscredit yor car, just as an example of 2 possably rare factory cars, but like i said yor more willing to have people look and give there opinions and the other seems to be take my word but you can't look
Hi Mick, no offense taken.

"Premier prototype" for me is the best way to describe to people that have not seen the car. It is also the best label to help field more information & exposure on the car.

What is the difference between an EJ Premier and a special? ..... About 28 features!!!!

This car has 26 of those features..... and was made almost two years before the Premiers release ;)

On the factory fitting of these features....... The car cannot be responsible for your level of education on authenticating a predomentely unaltered from factory car. The people that are up on originality and unrestored cars will not be so skeptical. Stick to the modified Mick :ebiggrin:

After all, I purchased the gold EK knowing from my experience and expertise in clean original unrestored cars, that this car is original. The Premier Prototype or whatever the car is labeled doesn't need to be blest by everyone! Though there are many that already have :thumbsup:
ekwags62

Post by ekwags62 »

Steve see firebird*10 on ebay has 3 vin plates only. 1 is a # 9m but is pretty manggled. Shame no car is attached.
Another 1 has unusual stamping.
mr.jones

Post by mr.jones »

ekwags62 wrote:Steve see firebird*10 on ebay has 3 vin plates only. 1 is a # 9m but is pretty manggled. Shame no car is attached.
Another 1 has unusual stamping.
Do you have a link or item no.?
ekwags62

Post by ekwags62 »

Dont know how to create a link but heres the item numbers 260811166931 and 260811167751
mr.jones

Post by mr.jones »

Heres the plates in case they disappear from ebay

EK ute in Montana Grey
EK 229 No.9M Cathay Grey Snowcrest

and my favourite the dodgy version of the above plate :roll: :shock: not even a good fake using a WB/VH plate :thumbsdown:

This is another on ebay at the minute
early nitro FB 225 Corona Grey Arctic Beige
muza

Post by muza »

and my favourite the dodgy version of the above plate :roll: :shock: not even a good fake using a WB/VH plate :thumbsdown:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock
75 series Landcruiser 350 Chev
Not so stock
Mick

Post by Mick »

this as usual could go on for ever back and forth :roll:
Steve Jackson wrote:On the factory fitting of these features....... The car cannot be responsible for your level of education on authenticating a predomentely unaltered from factory car. The people that are up on originality and unrestored cars will not be so skeptical. Stick to the modified Mick :ebiggrin:
with the tone i seem to be picking up here it seems like there is offence taken :? i have pulled ALOT of these cars apart so i know just a little about them stock or modified :wink: i just haven't gone researching No's etc
Steve Jackson wrote: this car has 26 of those features
without the list in front of me some were not prem features and alot were available on EK's anyway and it's kinda been established that the motor had been changed so nothing on the engine could be counted as it may have come with the replacement engine

at the end of the day as with JP's car it makes no difference to me wether it's real or not you 2 are the only ones who benefit if people believe you or not

for the record i do think yor car is something special, as for JP's like most i've never seen it so can't or shouldn't comment :wink:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter