HR Donor car

Includes clutch, transmission, propeller shaft,
universal joints, differential and rear axle.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

ek amigo
State: NOT ENTERED

HR Donor car

Post by ek amigo »

I have a manual Ek sedan and I have bought a complete disc braked 3 speed manual 186 HR sedan , what are the hurdles to overcome in changing the whole lot over excluding the front end instalation which is a whole other story. Is it a reasonable idea or am I better off using some bits and flogging off the rest . I have been through the forums but there is a lot of different ideas . Thanks in advance ,any help would be appreciated.
P1030802.jpg
P1030802.jpg (78.1 KiB) Viewed 864 times
P1030802.jpg
P1030802.jpg (78.1 KiB) Viewed 864 times
FCOV6

Re: HR Donor car

Post by FCOV6 »

Its all pretty much a bolt in job, you can use the HR diff which will give you matching brakes alround, the front will need the outrigger to be changed to the EK one (or pre fabbed one ) and the engine mounts will need to be moved back to near the rear edge of the crossmember.
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

and you'll need an EH sump and pickup or a new thing a mate did was cut the drop down section off the HR sump turn it around and weld it back on then modify the pickup to suit
ek amigo

Post by ek amigo »

FCOV6 wrote:Its all pretty much a bolt in job, you can use the HR diff which will give you matching brakes alround, the front will need the outrigger to be changed to the EK one (or pre fabbed one ) and the engine mounts will need to be moved back to near the rear edge of the crossmember.

thanks very much for that, I have an eh sump and the other outrigger . so the 3 speed gearbox will fit straight in without any alteration to the transmission tunnel?
ek amigo

Post by ek amigo »

ratbox wrote:and you'll need an EH sump and pickup or a new thing a mate did was cut the drop down section off the HR sump turn it around and weld it back on then modify the pickup to suit
thanks for that ,I have an eh sump but didnt know about the pickup ,will chase one up.
Trev

Post by Trev »

ek amigo wrote:
ratbox wrote:and you'll need an EH sump and pickup or a new thing a mate did was cut the drop down section off the HR sump turn it around and weld it back on then modify the pickup to suit
thanks for that ,I have an eh sump but didnt know about the pickup ,will chase one up.
I recon a torana or HQ pick up would work, both reach to the back of the sump like the EH one, Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

Trev wrote:
ek amigo wrote:
I recon a torana or HQ pick up would work, both reach to the back of the sump like the EH one, Trev 8) .
they do with a little bit of bending nothing serious, just make sure it still reaches the bottom of the sump
ek amigo

Post by ek amigo »

thanks for all that , I didnn't know about the pick so will be able to sort that out , is there any change to the transmission tunnel when fitting a HR 3 speed?