window winders

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

window winders

Post by Guest »

Probably a stupid question to most - but is the black window winder 'knob' meant to rotate when winding the window up/down, I have choice of 5 for my ute & all 'knobs' don't rotate at all

Cheers Nick
earlyholdenfan
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by earlyholdenfan »

Never a sily question except the one you dont ask Nickers!
All of mine do! so either yours are duds or mine are!
Matt
Hoping everyone is finding my new Avatar less "Distracting" and of course it is not directed at anyone or anything either currently living or deceased, hopefully it may just be allowed to remain!

Post by Guest »

Yeah Matt I would have expected them to but what made me ask is mine seem to be so tight - as if they were not meant to turn, thought if they were just gummed up they should free up with a bit of effort, maybe more effort is needed.

Cheers Nick
earlyholdenfan
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by earlyholdenfan »

If the chrome has pitted under the black it could be pinning it together, strange that they have all gone this way?? were they all on the same car or off various bits and pieces??
What about if you soak them in Kenco degreaser (best stuff in the world!)
it may free them up a little??
Matt
Hoping everyone is finding my new Avatar less "Distracting" and of course it is not directed at anyone or anything either currently living or deceased, hopefully it may just be allowed to remain!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Hey Nickers , let me know if you need two more , I`ve got a boxful of them at home , will see if I have two good ones for you.
Cheers , Blacky.