Red Rattler Revamp

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Red Rattler Revamp

Post by Blacky »

Got a bit done today - accelerator pedal is done , then made a bracket to hold the cable at the pedal end so that job is all done - just need to order a new cable about 150mm longer than the sample one Image
The only original bit is the pedal itself - and that was fairly flogged as well

Only took 2 attempts to get the throttle cable bracket right-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got the blower back on , boost line sorted then started on the acoustic mat - which seemed to mold in nicely , but getting the release paper off it was a very different story - I said LOTS of very rude words trying to get that crap off :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bitten on the arse yet again after wasting my money on stuff from CRS - went to fit the rubber boot on the slave cylinder for the clutch and the farkin thing won’t go on because the bracket is too close to the body of the slave cylinder so need to unbolt it from the bracket and jam it hard up against the bracket - FFS they can’t do ANYTHING properly those donkeys……

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Nice work on the pedal anyway……

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

I agree with you Blacky regarding CRS and you can throw in V6 Conversions to that mix, you would think that if you were making items multiple times you would get them right not go backwards :silent:
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Had a couple of days off , not by choice ImageImage had to install a pond next to the fishpond so the frogs can lay eggs without the fish eating them to keep the wife happy then spent a couple of days working on the young blokes Landcruiser because he let it run out of rego the plonker ImageImage

Anyway, back into it - got the rear brake line flexi hose so fitted that and check tightened all the lines from front to back so it’s now ready to bleed up both the brakes and clutch Image

Was a bit warm in the shed today

So I found something to do in front of the air conditioner- the Lincoln grille hides a wall mounted evaporative cooler

Made the parcel shelf - had a template given to me by me trimmer mate so marked it out and threw it in the car

Not a huge amount but its all progress…. Off to Spotlight tomorrow to find something suitably stupid to cover it with

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

A little more progress yesterday- we had a club meeting in the afternoon but in the morning I got the parcel shelf covered and mounted the speakers
I was a little bit dusty in the morning- no idea why - we had a work do on Friday night and while I was loading pics to put on here I found this …..Image

Parcel shelf done - it’s a bit of 3mm MDF ov we the 9mm bit - mounting bolts are glued into the 9mm so it can go in together

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Got back from the meeting and back into it - fitted the parcel shelf and the new seatbelts- the old ones were just a little bit ragged

Then finished off the fun job of installing the acoustic mat on the passenger side and up under the dash - I bought a new standard noise mat for the firewall but it has been chopped around too much and it won’t fit

Finished off by reinstalling the underfelt and carpets and called it a night

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Nice progress Blacky

EK van on rotisserie
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Cudos for the recycling of the disco fabric.

Good for acoustic suppression as well.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Looking fantastic mate
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:41 amImage
[Attenborough, whispering]: Deep in the wilderness of the Perth hills, miles from civilisation, our intrepid hunter has lain awake all night. The risks of dying alone of thirst during the long, hot WA summer have been managed by careful intake of fluids, 30mL at a time. Staking out the waterhole, our hunter knows his quarry will return to the bar, seeking the same refreshment he is carefully conserving. He seeks the ultimate predator... the vegan leopard. Like it's close relation the nauga, the vegan leopard is bloodless. Hides from the nauga are still commercially used, but not so the vegan leopard. Once common, society's lust for for dresses, handbags, scant underwear and parcel shelves has driven the vegan leopard to near extinction. Our hunter tenses, hearing his quarry approach...

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

You have too much time on your hands Harv - and why did I read that in Richard Attenborough's voice ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

A little more progress this weekend- handy tip , don’t plan to fit gutter guard to your house over a weekend that’s going to be 40+ both days :shock: :shock:

Mounted up a radiator header tank , knocked up a bracket to mount it on

Mounted it up in the engine bay , just need to get a couple of fittings tomorrow to finish it off

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then started on the seatbelt mounts , finished the rear ones off - they were easy
Front ones need a plate in the B pillar so marked it up and fired up the grinder

Then it was knock off time and off to the pub

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Very tidy. Where did you get that header tank?

EK van on rotisserie