22inch Ek

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harko
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: 22inch Ek

Post by Harko »

i wasnt too keen on the fc when it became green either ,absoloutely loved it dark blue but not the wheels.
gotta say the more you look at it and apreciate the angle of peters thought train the more you can apreciate it.

a good movie keeps you guessing and anticipating the next turn , im right there with your engine choice, hangin :peaceout:
Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
kiid61

Post by kiid61 »

Cheers man.. I just like simple/period styling. Not much into the retro thing atm, but definitely understand those who are... Simple is a huge understatement at times though. I've found you can spend hours on hours trying to keep things as basic in appearance as possible. I've been mounting my rear retractable belts under the shelf and it's taking forever because of how far up the arches are and because I want absolutely nothing showing on the shelf except the belt coming through a guide. The whole car will be a bit of a brain twister when finished, so many little mechanical things hidden :roll:

She's all bolted up ready for the motor :thumbsup: Each time it's on the ground I lose half a day in gawking time. It's counterproductive

http://www.facebook.com/60minus
fingers
State: VIC

Post by fingers »

Looking cool . 8) 8) ..keep them photos coming ..and don't worry about gawk time ti keeps ya enthused motivated mate.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ......................Fingers
Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?
hewey

Post by hewey »

One of my fave builds on here. :mrgreen:
kiid61 wrote:Cheers man.. I just like simple/period styling. Not much into the retro thing atm, but definitely understand those who are... Simple is a huge understatement at times though. I've found you can spend hours on hours trying to keep things as basic in appearance as possible.
You might appreciate this EH from All Holden Day. Apart from the stance, wheels and cage, with the bonnet shut it could have been a resto inside and out. Was just using my phone so no decent pics of the interior or engine bay. Very tastefully done :thumbsup:
kiid61

Post by kiid61 »

Thank Hewey,

Looks good, I've always been a fan of the dark grey/white combo. Are the wheels different, or are the both black with polished rims?
iso007

Post by iso007 »

I saw this car when it was being prepared for painting. The young guy who did the prep and the paint is a mate of my sons and also did my ek. So my ek roof white is the same white as that eh roof. I can't believe that eh came out so good. It was an absolute mess when it arrived to be done. I am wrapped in the job he did for me too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377155751.249015.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377155751.249015.jpg (33.63 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
russo

Post by russo »

Great work
Very talented an extremely patient :peaceout:
hewey

Re:

Post by hewey »

kiid61 wrote:Are the wheels different, or are the both black with polished rims?
Black with polished rims. From memory the face of the spokes were black, and the sides polished? The black had that black anodised kind of look to it.
kiid61

Post by kiid61 »

Big Blockin' :twisted:

Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

awsome 8)
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Harko

Post by Harko »

ha its wide huh :hehhh" ,its just reached a point that will attract attention from every shape and form of car enthusiast ,
was fame in your clarevoients reading :peaceout:
Last edited by Harko on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Harko wrote:its just reached a point that will attract attention from every shape and form of car enthusiast ,
was fame in your claivoients reading :peaceout:
Think he passed that point a while back Harko!
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Harko

Post by Harko »

i was thinkin ,thats a 348 ,now the ratrod guys are gonna dig it , they love 348s..

what sorta note does a 348 put out , i better google it.
kiid61

Post by kiid61 »

Deep & growely hopefully. I'm gonna put some 50's style mufflers on it to get that old tone. We'll go for a cruise at the 2015 nats Tim. 14 would be better but might be pushing it to get it done that soon.

Big block Ek.. Bit excited
http://www.facebook.com/60minus
NoMAD
State: WA

Post by NoMAD »

kiid61 wrote:Deep & growely hopefully. I'm gonna put some 50's style mufflers on it to get that old tone. We'll go for a cruise at the 2015 nats Tim. 14 would be better but might be pushing it to get it done that soon.

Big block Ek.. Bit excited
i am definitely excited for this haha

cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member