Chev EK

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

Re: Chev EK

Post by Harv »

EK283 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:22 pm This has come about because here in NSW you are not allowed to send fuel back to the tank inside the boot so all the pump and connection will have to recessed into the top of it and under the floor. !!! PHEW.
For the young bloke's VL, I got a Brown Davis ally drop tank. It has twin Bosch pumps on a hanger, hung from the top. Inlets and returns are all top-of-tank, in the boot. My plan is to build a small box (... repurposed ally oven baking tray :mrgreen: ) and screw/seal it over the top as a removable cover.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Harv wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:06 am
EK283 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:22 pm This has come about because here in NSW you are not allowed to send fuel back to the tank inside the boot so all the pump and connection will have to recessed into the top of it and under the floor. !!! PHEW.
For the young bloke's VL, I got a Brown Davis ally drop tank. It has twin Bosch pumps on a hanger, hung from the top. Inlets and returns are all top-of-tank, in the boot. My plan is to build a small box (... repurposed ally oven baking tray :mrgreen: ) and screw/seal it over the top as a removable cover.

Cheers,
Harv
Hi Harv,

I got strict instruction that no part of the fuel return line is to be in the boot by Mr Engineer !

Because I am a model law abiding citizen his wish shall be my command !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greg
So many cars so little time!
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Errol62 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:33 pm LiDAR: Light Detection And Ranging. Used in surveying and mapping to create point clouds for rendering into digital models of terrain, vegetation and structures. My dentist uses it to make crowns and implants. Commonly called laser scanning.

Old cars mate. It never ends. Certainly was a pleasure to finally see the beast, as well as you and the missus of course.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
Thanks Clay, was good to see you and your squeeze as well, I was however disssapointed you didnt want to race me at the lights !!!

Greg
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

We will find a quiet patch of highway next year somewhere between Wudinna and Norseman

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:44 pm We will find a quiet patch of highway next year somewhere between Wudinna and Norseman ImageImage

Theres quite a bit of it ........ :wink:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Belly760

Chev EK

Post by Belly760 »

Greg I’m interested in this fuel injection and return lines ect as this will come up in my build with the ecotec motor. Although I have a Ute so there is no pump in the boot so to speak.

I was going to try to run the fuel pump from my donor car but need to make sure the tank I build accommodates the VS Fuel pump (which I believe is in the tank). I think Neil crosses this road with Frankenstein as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FB Ute Stock
EK Ute in Pieces
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

Hey Belly I used the commodore fuel tank in Frank
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Hi Guys,

Sam, I will try and keep this up to date and step by step as best I can. There are a few ways you can set a fuel injection pump up, my way is with a full fuel return via the throtle body.

The BA BF &*#@ pump,
IMG_1970.JPG
IMG_1970.JPG (4.6 MiB) Viewed 966 times
Old tank out and a big whale mouth exposing a big black 9 inch !!!!
IMG_1971.JPG
IMG_1971.JPG (5.6 MiB) Viewed 966 times
New alloy floor pan will be sealed off and new tank will be below this, spare will be cumbersome but there is no choice,
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG (4.92 MiB) Viewed 966 times
More updates this week hopefully.

Greg
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Got more goodies todays,

This is a weld on kit to suit the BA falcon pump.

It comes with weld ring and top ring to secure the pump, clip on cable adapter, fuel clip barbs gasket and all the screws.

Comes from EFI Hardware Melbourne. Just need the tank now so I can start chopping it up !!!!
IMG_1977.JPG
IMG_1977.JPG (6.08 MiB) Viewed 932 times
Greg
Harv

Post by Harv »

Looking good 👍

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
EK283

Post by EK283 »

MMMM needs bigger tyres !!!
IMG_1979.JPG
IMG_1979.JPG (4.39 MiB) Viewed 900 times
avm
State: VIC

Post by avm »

EK283 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:26 am Tinkering now waiting for engineer to give me a flogging !!!

I was thinking how i could blue tooth a speaker to my phone for long trips and found these, they are made to fit into the old speaker hole then operate via a blue tooth control box, nifty i reckon.
IMG_1129 (1).JPG IMG_1130 (1).JPGIMG_1126 (1).JPGIMG_1127 (1).JPG

Sound is quite good although not going to break any sound records ! You can adjust the graphic equaliser on your phone to achieve the tone you like, oh and its stereo to boot.

Greg
Hi Greg,

That's an interesting speaker - Can you please tell the brand/supplier?

Andrew
Project ICKPA.
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Hi Andrew,

Gravelrash as per the link below.

https://www.gravelrashbluetoothaudio.com.au/

Regards Greg
EK283

Post by EK283 »

So some bracing in the boot and the new tank.
IMG_2281 - Copy.JPG
IMG_2281 - Copy.JPG (5.25 MiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_2292.JPG
IMG_2292.JPG (6.18 MiB) Viewed 562 times
Out with the old in with the new, Ive got a bit of plumbing to do as well as some more wiring so a couple of days in the shed.
IMG_2262.JPG
IMG_2262.JPG (4.07 MiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2263.JPG (4.1 MiB) Viewed 562 times
Brand new Holley sniper 2, I am also going to change the distributor to a full electronic that is controlled by the Sniper computer.

I have my fingers crossed that this system works without the issues the old Analogue system had, some say the carby is better but I can't help myself I need to tinker !!!!

Greg
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Going to be awesome Greg. Heard nothing but good things. Biggest issue I’ve heard is sorting out in-tank pump, which you’ve done. Nice welding by the way!

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie