Looking for a FB special sedan - VICTORIA

Looking for a new daily driver, the next project, or maybe a parts car? try here first...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

JimmyJazz
State: NOT ENTERED

Looking for a FB special sedan - VICTORIA

Post by JimmyJazz »

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first car and I figured it might as well be my dream car! Thought this forum would be a good place to start. The car would be my only car but I catch public transport for uni so it wouldn't quite be a daily driver, but obviously reliability would be a big issue. I'm not much concerned about the originality of the mechanics so I'm more than happy to purchase something with a red motor (but not something super modern) and preferably disc brakes, but I will pay to get these fitted after I've bought a car. The garage situation is non existent so I can't give a fully restored, showroom quality car the love it deserves and as it'll be a daily drive that sort of car would probably be overkill anyway (the car will be well covered in a driveway though and lovingly cleaned/painted to keep out the rust!). My budgets about $12000 at the moment but I'll probably fall in love with something and spend a little more (up to $15000?). I'm in love with the pale sky blue/white combination, but not super fussy as long as its two-tone! I'm not very knowledgeable mechanically but I'm defiantly planning to learn, so the vehicles needs to be more or less roadworthy.

Any vehicles you guys know about and pointers about what to look out for (particularly suspect parts on FBs, etc?) are greatly appreciated!

Cheers in advance,
James
Cal

Post by Cal »

Hi James......and welcome

For 12 grand you should definately find one in quite decent condition.

It's generally cheaper to buy one that may already have things like a HR front end rather than doing it later.

Good luck 8)
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Gday James, welcome to the forum :wink:

It looks like you've put a lot of thought into what you want,
You've summed up your situation and made good choices on exactly what you want.
You're budget is in the ballpark, its only a matter of the right car bobbing up for you.

Cars appear here for sale regularly so, its just a matter of time.

Good luck with your search.

Great to see another keen young enthusiast onboard 8)

Cheers
Jeff
retro

Post by retro »

jimmy ive just decided that i want to sell my fb, its white with a red flash.

great little car, sweet to look at. call me 0402946097.
master of nothing, leader of nobody.
JimmyJazz

Post by JimmyJazz »

Thanks for the replies and encouragement everyone. Retro, I'll definitely be in touch.
vintageholden

Post by vintageholden »

$!2000 first car???
i had a $500 torana
JimmyJazz

Post by JimmyJazz »

well, not quite first. I'm currently driving a 1984 pulsar that I inherited from my father - but not technically because it would have to be re-road worthyed - which isn't going to happen without outlaying many times what the cars worth!
retro

Post by retro »

pm with photos sent,

Timmy long time no see, where you been hiding.
master of nothing, leader of nobody.