My EK project

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Yeah pretty much. Although I think you'd have to keep it a bit more slender to keep it from looking like a fat bottom lip. If you know what I mean.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Sorry dont like any of it :roll: :roll: :roll:

I like the little improvements but not radical plastic surgery,You know 2 door or a roof haircut but not a face lift.
In my opinion it takes the look of the FB/EK away and gives it the belvedere look, a car that you can allready buy.

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
thropzed
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by thropzed »

Hey Jason, Was going to bring this one out on the weekend for you to get ya juices flowing. The grill bar that I've used is a front bumper off a british car! Have toyed with the idea of twin headlights but agree with ek283 that they don't need radical face lifts just sutle touch's!

Cheers Theo Z..................
Watch for the early bird, He might be just getting home.

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

Its an idea Ive been tossing around and its great to hear what you all have to say /show ,that sedan looks cool,how about a Tucker style light in
the middle of the bonnet!
Ive taken it to far,hmm although Ive got the extra lights :o
Trev

Post by Trev »

I would like to see upside down taillights used as headlights, Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Trev wrote:I would like to see upside down taillights used as headlights, Trev 8) .
Yeh..... and get some money on the side..... ploughing fields at night :lol: :lol:
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

sanding
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

I Need a bigger shed
matches

Post by matches »

i just need a shed :roll: :evil:
looking awesome, i can't wait to see it in finished form.
luke
matchew

Post by matchew »

are you gettin ur interior retrimmed?
always a good day for cars
DeadSled
State: QLD

Post by DeadSled »

Lookin good so far mate. I'm likin the extended rear quarters, but not keen on the quad headlights. As has been said, it takes away from the lines of an FB/EK, but also looks like a cheap afterthought.

Trevs idea of upside down tailights as headlights as just got some ideas flowin in my mind, i can't imagine quite what it'd look like.. but definately a neat idea. I'm thinking of doing some custom tailights on my EK, got a few ideas but nothing solid that i can show just yet.

Keep it up though, we need more custom FB/EKs instead of all these boring restored ones :lol:

Edit: Seeing as i'm awake late, i'll see if i can photoshop taillights as headlights..

Tried, and didn't work out. I can't see it working very well, if you used the entire taillights as headlights.. unless you wrapped the indicator part either above the eyelid, or onto the bonnet or around the fender, it'd look like fangs..

Only thing i could thing of, was perhaps using the indicator part as grill bar ends.. but even then, i'd be making a custom grill bar and using FB indicators and welding them on the ends.
Nick.
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

Yeah trim will get done later on,pretty sure I saw in a street machine expression session years ago an ek with taillights for headlights,might be easier to turn the body around on the floorpan,youd have to turn the seats around aswell :o :o
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Mick Jagger wrote:might be easier to turn the body around on the floorpan,youd have to turn the seats around aswell :o :o
Yeh that would be awesome :shock: ..... a frontwheel drive, rear engined EK that goes like shit off a shovel backwards and turns corners like a forklift!!......gotta see that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

was just about to mention tha,t it was years ago and was actually like said the whole car was turned around and from memory had a different roof and it looked really kool, something even makes me think smooth customs may have had something to do with those pics
Smooth customs

Post by Smooth customs »

Some years ago in SM there was a set of artists impressions based on turning a car around, and making the back the front.

Several years ago I preposed a design concept to Scotty and Aden Jacobi. Using an EJ but turning the body around, and fitting it with a bubble top. This first concept made way for several more from this talented pair of artists. But the first was the only back to front concept.

These were first shown in the Newsledder and later in the SM Hot Rod annual.

Scotty did an EK Bubble top in his set, am not sure if it has been posted here before?