how about we get together for a bbq

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Tassie.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, TAS Mod

bigalhusband
State: NOT ENTERED

how about we get together for a bbq

Post by bigalhusband »

Wouldnt it be nice if we could get all FB and EK owners together in one place in Tassie I know the North like to hang around up north and I know the South like to hang around down South, well what if we met in the middle like Ross, The car club that I'm secretary of hosts a mobile car show the first weekend after mothers day and we congregate on the Ross oval my club pays for the rental, yes the mongrels do charge us for the use of it not to mention the income we bring to the town when we get food and stuff.
It would be interesting to see how many people will reply. Me oridginaly comming from Woolongong Primby near lake illawara same place my EK came from. To be honest my car dosnt like driving around town its most definitly a highway car with the 202 and 3.08-1 torana diff or maybe someone has a better idea but like I always say "who cares if its not a show pony as long as you drive them isnt that what they were made for"
OLD TIN RULES
stillute-ed

Post by stillute-ed »

gday simon is the run on saturday the 16th or sunday the 17th where are you guys leaving from and what time also i got wind of a swap meet at old beach on the 8th of febuary im still trying to confirm it. have you heared any thing about it. i left you a pm on the parts im after
bigalhusband

Ross Run/ BBQ

Post by bigalhusband »

A swap meet is on the Old beach car show and I will be there with my EK the swap meet is usaly verry good It is on the 8th Feb starts at around 8.30/9am. If you want the radio blank plate Ill take it with me, just look for my red and white bucket. Hope to see you there Simon
The ross run is going to be on the first weekend after Mothersday in May I think it will be Sunday 17th we will meet at the Granton park and leave for Ross at 11-11.30am. We have &*#@ clubs EH club and the FX-FJ car club going and the monaro club from up north as well as the commodore club it will be big (huge)
OLD TIN RULES
stillute-ed

Post by stillute-ed »

gday simon i will pick the radio blank up off you at the swap meet . couple off questions where at old beach is it held ?jetty road if we bring the ute are we able to show it in the bucket class and dose it cost any thing and the weekend after mothers day run sounds excelent we will be there . as for the how two with the avitars i"ll have a yak over the phone wiyh you about that as its giving me trouble as well
bigalhusband

Old beach show

Post by bigalhusband »

Yes the show is off jetty rd next to the fire station for when the old bombs catch fire, just follow the smoke from the old buckets(burning oil) :lol: :oops:Ill leave a spot next to mine for you and I think it is a gold coin donation or at most $5.00for the whole car inc passengers.
OLD TIN RULES
Harko

Post by Harko »

WOW primbee is just across the lake from me , I bet I know people you know :)
Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
bigalhusband

neighbours

Post by bigalhusband »

:D Hi Harko I left primbee in 1985 I bought the car from an old man who lost his licence because he was going blind in 1984 and I still have it today. I cant for the life of me remember the street name but I use to hang around with the Ritchies Dave and Tim and their dad.They had a red EH ute a pink FB special sedan a dark grey EK van and a HQ red van, they also had St bernards I hope this rings a bell, When I lived in Wollongong it was between 1979 and 1985 whilst I was in the Army based in Holsworthy which I think is on Heathcote rd just west of Lucas height.Yes Australia is a small place you can not hide from anyone
OLD TIN RULES
thropzed

Post by thropzed »

Man!! Its good to see some banter from the Apple Isle. I thought there was no one down there. A BIG Hello from the Sunny State!!!
Cheers Theo Z..................
Watch for the early bird, He might be just getting home.

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.
Trev

Post by Trev »

You call THAT the sunny state, I recon SA or Vic would have you covered in that department Theo, Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
thropzed

Post by thropzed »

Only for this week Trev!!!
Cheers Theo Z.....................
Watch for the early bird, He might be just getting home.

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.
bigalhusband

Post by bigalhusband »

Yes down here in the big smoke we have extended the jetty to fit the extra cars and people, but Tassie beats you all we have sweet FA ozone so the heat literaly cooks you, get in the shade and you are laughing but in winter its SNOW on most of the mountains and parts of the central highway :D
OLD TIN RULES
stillute-ed

Post by stillute-ed »

it dosn't get to cold down here in winter were just out of hobart and last winter our coldest morning was a minus 5.6 dam near tropicle that