Electronic dizzy in grey.

Includes wiring and battery, generating system, starting system,
ignition system, windscreen wipers, lighting system and instruments and gauges.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

thropzed
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Electronic dizzy in grey.

Post by thropzed »

Repco!!!
Cheers Theo Z................
Watch for the early bird, He might be just getting home.

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.
Dans61wagon

Post by Dans61wagon »

Im also keen on the idea, is this all i will need + coil leads and Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coil
? Thanks
The 60's, big cars, no speed limit and all the fuel you could burn for a Dollar!
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

I've been using my Pertronix Ignitor kit now for almost six months (about 4000 miles) and have'nt had any problems with it at all :D 8) .
As for any flame thrower coil or anything I just bought a new Bosch 12v standard coil (as all I had in the shed was resistor coils)..and new plugs 'n' leads,,,nothing special in those either. I did open the plug gap a bit at the E.I. has a hell of a lot more spark power.
Ever since I've had the E.I. in the car it's been a dream to start and pulls a lot better than before ..(it marches up Mt Ousley at 50/60mph! :wink: :twisted: )
If your thinking about buying a kit ,,,DO IT!! You'll never look back...besides..this was all brought on because I could'nt get an original solenoid !! :x

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
mudgroup

Post by mudgroup »

fyi... have just ordered the pertronix ignitor from the states - here - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 500wt_1156
purchased the ignitor and coil and they threw in a nice zinc plated coil bracket 8)
cost: aud $197 inc postage :D
got quote through distributor in aus., retail cost for same - $381 + post :evil:
thanks for the update on how it runs scotty ! 8)
but what about speed ?
if you're important, people will wait!
mudgroup

Post by mudgroup »

just an update. took 10 days to arrive from the states and 30 mins for auto elec to fit. had to advance timing slightly and away she went. huge difference in performance for me at top end where the old points started to ping at 50mph. :evil:
but what about speed ?
trobbins

Post by trobbins »

My rotor arm needed about 4mm hacksawed off the bottom to allow a proper fit on the shaft with about 0.5mm clearance to the top of the magnet ring. I didn't feel like pushing the motor ring down further and cracking the top of the ring (and possibly moving the magnet alignment out of the sweet spot). My rotor arm had an insert metal strip (to press-fit to the shaft) that needed some attention - the only downside to the 1864A fitting. :|
rossco

Post by rossco »

Thank for the great sticky

Just fitted a dizzy from performance ignition runs great and great service from the guys there.
61 EK Special - EK6129A
mudgroup

Post by mudgroup »

update... my pertronix ignitor just stopped...
back to points... and going again ! stu 8)
but what about speed ?
choppedfan

Post by choppedfan »

Bugger hope you weren't stranded too far from home :x

Just wondering who out there has had a pertronix in their car the longest, I'm still happy with ours (Touch wood) just went away the other weekend (3 1/2 hrs each way) and never missed a beat :thumbsup: I did a lot of research about the Pertronix conversions and not just in Holdens and on the whole they appear reliable, have you contacted them re-warranty I think someone I read had one replaced under warranty.

Anyway who has a pertronix conversion the longest :?: :?: :?:

Mick 8)
mudgroup

Post by mudgroup »

cheers mick...
my didn't last 6 months...
didn't bother re warranty... purchased mine from the us of a.. stu 8)
but what about speed ?
choppedfan

Post by choppedfan »

Stu,

Contact them mate by email its worth a try (Won't even cost the price of a stamp) I kept my invoice that they sent with mine, actually I keep all my invoices for my cars in seperate shoe boxes.

The boxes are all marked the same "SECRET MENS BUSINESS" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mick 8)

P.S. Still interested in knowing whos had their Pertronix in the longest :wink:
WOWU

Post by WOWU »

Try Rocket Industries

www.rocketind.com

James
Regards

James
WOWU
Penrith NSW
tashandbenny

Post by tashandbenny »

Hi guys, nearly posted a new topic but thought I'd search the forum first and found this thread.. Just got my HQ back today from having Electric Ignition and kill switch put in, and on the drive home was pinging....Has never done that previously.... :?

Was reading that there is a timing consideration on this post? Could that be it?
Also, when he was putting it in, he noticed that bolts on the carby, and also on the manifold, were very loose (might explain why it was running a bit rough from getting too much air from being loose etc) and he tightened them, could this also have anything to do with it?..
ANOTHER consideration after googling it a little, was that I put normal fuel in it the other night..(gasp!) -I've always put premium in it because my dad told me right from the start too....My boyfriend though gets cranky and says im wasting my money etc so I finally did it the other night and put normal fuel in it...I read on a site that higher octanes can prevent the pinging, something to do with taking longer to burn etc..Perhaps I have caused it by putting the normal tank of fuel in?

What do you guys think?
Any advice would be great :)
Btw- its a 1973 HQ Belmont ute, very original, very straight and in wonderful condition for her age, it has a 173 red motor in it, and is column shift 3 speed manual. If that helps at all lol.
"Hold your own, Know your name, and Go your own way..."
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

Don't know about the others but I grew up with those cars and would only use unleaded 98 today. :o
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
fb delivery

Post by fb delivery »

Ajust the timing and use 98