URGENT!! Subframe Needed ASAP

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in Qld.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, QLD Mod

DeadSled
State: QLD

URGENT!! Subframe Needed ASAP

Post by DeadSled »

Guys,

Due to some dumb old bastard and his bloody wife.. We've had complaints from the council and a council guy come out today. Me and Dad are now under pressure to get the metalwork on my EK finished within 8 weeks.. we may be able to get an extension to that but yeah.. 8 weeks and metalwork has to be done.

I've got my subframe here which we have fully strengthened and rebuilt but the passenger inner gaurd part of the subframe is all $*#@ and we need a new subframe to either replace this one with.. or cut the good bit out and put it into my subframe.

This is super urgent.. Cmon guys rally up a subframe for me. Call ANYONE you know that might have a good or decent one..

I'm countin on you guys.

Cheers,

Nick.
Nick.
strogger
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by strogger »

If you getting complaints about the body work, I'd suggest you put clothes on when your out side. :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Seriously, I will ask a guy i work with next week as he stumbled onto a few old FB / EK parts cars / wrecks ..

(He's into FE / FC's and told me in passing about finding the superior model's last week)
Anthony..
FB/EK Car Club of QLD

www.qldfbekholden.com
DeadSled

Post by DeadSled »

Ok awesome.. Thanks for that Anthony.

I need one in like a week or two.. Cause we've at least gotta get the subframe fixed and mounted with the HR front end in in like two weeks.. get the front gaurds back on for a trial fit and also to do the front end stuff i want to do..

Ah man. Deadlines.. This might actually get the car done MUCH faster than i was thinking though.
Nick.
Harko

Post by Harko »

Deadsled whats the go ?
I thought if you are working on cars within the noise parameters and you are not doing the work to profit it is OK to have a hobby ...
So if thats true how did you get a deadline ?

I wonder what the complaining neighbour does for a hobby ,do you know much about them ?

I remember reading about fccool building his fc on the front yard and the neighbour complained but the cops said he was fine , he then went out at 6 every morning and ground sparks over there fence :)
Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

I kinda agree with Harko there.Different states and local councils have different rules but surely you have some rights to be able to enjoy your hobby as well :? :? :?

If you were grinding away at 3 am in the morning then maybe the neighbours from hell have a case perhaps but if you were only working away in normal daylight hours I reckon you do have some rights as well.

And I'd guess you aren't planning to, nor are you actually doing it as a business venture either.

I'd be checking that one a bit further if it were me.

I reckon the council anti fun policeman that visited you maybe bluffing a bit.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
DeadSled

Post by DeadSled »

Apparently all you are allowed to do around here is basic maintenence.. full restos come under industrial and therefore not allowed.

The guy also said that he doesn't give a shit if we have my car stored there.. its mostly the noise which is the thing. But then.. as he stood there.. three grinders all in different directions and also a $*#@ jackhammer..

I think the old $*#@ across the road will regret bitchin to the council.. Light up a few spare tires at three in the morning sounds pretty fair to me :twisted:

Duno what they do for a hobby but their English and i remember the fella sayin they are only allowed to complain about one thing at a time.. at the time it was their leaking pool.. but now that i think about it.. two complaints to the council.. Hhhmm..

Dad has a shed application in council so anything he can do to i guess.. not suck up but appear that we are doing the right thing by everyone the better chance we have of getting it up and being that it'll be brick.. itll be soundproofed pretty well.

Leon (FCCOOL) is now my new hero. That is the best thing i've ever heard haha.

Also i think its bullshit that we've been here about 30 years now.. we were the first people in the street and these $*#@ old people looked at their house.. and they are on the corner just like us.. but they saw into our carport that faces their house and we had a YZ125 and a pitbike revving and i was infact doing burnouts on the pitbike.. my Chevy pickup cab sittin there gettin rust cut out.. and a whole bunch of old cars all up the street.

They asked us if we made noise ever.. i said yeah we're building a car here.. they asked about how often we started the bikes up.. "Oh yeah once every two weeks or so.."

They live here 9 $*#@ months and have the nerve to start bitching to the council about people who have been here for just over a quarter of a decade. $*#@ typical English people..
Nick.
Harko

Post by Harko »

Somehow you have to be doing basic maintenence !
Id not become racist or angry but use your noggin (pardon the pun)

Id start by screening them off so they cant see what your doing ,then Id talk ever so politely to them creating conversation and loosely throwing a curve ball like we just bought a grinder repair business hehe or crank up the music to drown out the grinder . or grind out the back or indoors somewhere .

All in all though you need to win them over either with court cost or without otherwise the whingers will put a stop to what we are enjoying ,classic cars.
Finny

Post by Finny »

Simple solution that has worked for me in the past.
Get the whole family together and go talk to them . :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

May not get a solution but it may work, and at least you'll know exactly what your up against. Ask lots an questions, why, why, why :?: :?:

PS. Never threaten them, :? :? at least never when there is more than one of them or any witnesses. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
IT's LIKE WATCHING DRUNK MONKEYS TRYING TO HUMP A FOOTBALL.
DeadSled

Post by DeadSled »

Harko,

Dad knows his shit and yeah we had a huge talk with the council guy. He seemed very reasonable and was infact pretty much on our side..

We've been trying to do all the grinding that we can.. like panels and stuff.. in our current brick shed but yeah.. we now have 8 weeks to go full on at the car and get the metalwork done. The council dude said to get it done in 8 weeks and we are sweet..

Essentially.. Dad doesn't give a $*#@ about the neighbours.. its keeping the council happy that is our concern. The stupid thing as well is that if the neighbours behind us who we suspected were complaining had just signed the $*#@ paperwork we would have had a huge sound proofed brick shed up by now and no one would give a damn.

Some people are so stupid.. This is exactly why (Despite seeing a few of Malcoms posts about how he hates living in the middle of no where..) i want to live a couple hours out of Brisbane.. on a huge property. Or well even more so i wana live like in the hills near Byron Bay / Other SMALL coastal town. Up in the hills.. no salt air.. but close enough still to a nice small coastal town and wicked scenery. Double win.

So yeah.. need a subframe. Finny.. you've got a parts wagon.. subframe any good? I just need the inner fender man..
Nick.
Harko

Post by Harko »

haha that sounds cool :)

Heres the link to FCCOOLs thread on ozrodders.com ,I only read the first page because with so many pictures it becomes painful on dial up .

http://www.ozrodders.com/board/viewtopi ... 28&start=0

Quote Leon "I dont know my neighbours, they drive camry's and magna's so i dont talk to them, sure the cops drop in for a chat sometimes and we get these letters in the mail.

Its all fun!"
DeadSled

Post by DeadSled »

Haha i've seen the thread. The FC is pretty cool i'm doing a similar front end to his minus the quad headlights.

I just remembered. I need two dogleg bits as well.

Come on everyone.. rally together for me ! This is what its all about helpin out fellow FB EKers.. and i'm in some serious desperate need. I had a dogleg but its probably been thrown out.. So i need a subframe and two doglegs and i'll be well on my way.
Nick.
karsten

Post by karsten »

post a couple pics of the exact part youve got to cut out ,, the ones here are all eaten away 6 inches up but some one mite have a section that aint as rusty in that spot i have upper pillar dog leg :?: ,, or do you want the back wheel one
when they start building them like that again i will buy a new car of them
Harko

Post by Harko »

Yep Id like to see a pic aswell , Im repairing one from two atm ,pretty sure I am using the bit you need but if I had a pic to either confirm or deny :)
DeadSled

Post by DeadSled »

Rear wheel arch.. bottom front. Wheelarch to the sill. That entire bit.

Will do up a pic now.
Nick.
DeadSled

Post by DeadSled »

I had that one.. but Dad cut it out after i said not too.. and i need another one. Yeah. He $*#@ it and lost it. Very annoying.
Nick.