Trim styles FB-EK

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Cheggy
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Trim styles FB-EK

Post by Cheggy »

Hi There,

I am looking to re-trim the seats in my Green FB Wagon. I see here from this post that the codes of my trim are:

FB Special Trim ... (Horizontal Fleck) Smooth's Green FB Wagon.

Trim number 886 "Amulet & Scarab Green with Stardust Grey Bolsters".

can anyone point me in the right direction to find a supply of this same material.

any help appreciated

thanks David
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

It's at Bunnings - between the bags of unicorn poop and the tins of striped paint :wtf:

Seriously though mate , you are either going to have to wait until some good original ones come up for sale or settle for something close unfortunately :?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

That'd be the isle next to the left handed screwdrivers Blacky... :mrgreen:
goats1
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by goats1 »

Hi fellas,just checking her that I'm reading the trim codes correct,I have a 61ek strata blue with snow crest white roof the pic of seat same as mine is viscount and zenith blue (is the insert viscount and the rest of seat zenith blue)my trim codes
On the body tag are 966/681 ,so can someone tell me what the colour of the metal surround is that goes down and around the side of seat (it is blue but not sure of the colour name )I have been working on this car for approx 11yrs as a full resto to as best I can cheers any help is good help thanks goat
mph

Post by mph »

Gday,
Since the colour change of my FB special from white with a brown flash to coleen green with a white flash its now due for its trim update to match, the trim is brown at the moment but i would like to find out what colours,style or pattern an original fb special with the colleen green paint would have. So i can have something along those lines with the new trim
Any pics would be appreciated.
Thanks fellas
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
mph

Post by mph »

SunnyTim wrote:Green fleck with white tops
Thanks Tim
FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
Short
State: NSW

Trim styles FB-EK

Post by Short »

Hi guys
I've been looking for the exact colour and style of the interior trim for my EK Ute recently purchased.
529-984 is the trim code on the Comp plate. Done my best to check the previous posts, however not much luck at all. If anyone has any pics out there to share, that would be great, as I'm looking to put the trim back to standard
Cheers

Short

Post by Short »

SunnyTim wrote:984 is gnome blue and madison grey. I have a sample of that trim here will try and get a pic....Tim
Hi Tim,
Thank you mate, appreciate it. This is why I love old Holdens and no doubt it's the same with other brands too.
Everyone is happy to share their knowledge and support with others.
In relation to the rear parcel shelf colour, door trims and roof, would they be Gnome Blue or Madison Grey?
Cheers mate
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Hi short
Don't know if this helps but my honey beige ek van had what I understand is gnome blue and Madison grey trim (511-979).
Here are some pics:
The seat trims are a slightly metallic looking blue which is a pretty close match to the gnome blue. The Madison grey inserts are a blue grey.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Short

Post by Short »

Errol62 wrote:Hi short
Don't know if this helps but my honey beige ek van had what I understand is gnome blue and Madison grey trim (511-979).
Here are some pics:
The seat trims are a slightly metallic looking blue which is a pretty close match to the gnome blue. The Madison grey inserts are a blue grey.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the snaps Clay, appreciate it.
The trim code is different to mine though. Is that because yours was a van?
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

I thought k the difference is Nord likely due to build date/factory. Mine is a 1962 Adelaide build. Have a look at the trim codes thread under technical-interior. There are several codes listed for the same colour name.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Short

Post by Short »

Errol62 wrote:I thought k the difference is Nord likely due to build date/factory. Mine is a 1962 Adelaide build. Have a look at the trim codes thread under technical-interior. There are several codes listed for the same colour name.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

My FB ute has a Gnome Blue interior and its the same colour as that door trim on the previous page.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Short

Post by Short »

Blacky wrote:My FB ute has a Gnome Blue interior and its the same colour as that door trim on the previous page.
Thanks Blacky

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Shane'o
State: QLD

Post by Shane'o »

Hi,
Looking for some help on trim codes.
The trim code in my EK ute is: 544-983
Winner Products in S.A. have this combo listed as; Mephisto + Madison Grey.
On forums I have seen it listed as Mephisto + Chianti Red?
Would anyone be able to assist with this, and also would anyone know or have a pic how it should look?
(What the pattern looks like?)
Winner said they have the Mephisto in stock and suggested I buy the Madison Grey "Star Pattern" material from SMS Auto Fabric in the USA.
Send it to them & then they would make the cover up and ship it to Brisbane for approx. Total cost from Winner approx. $2k
Winner can stamp the door cards, as they have the templates already. $800 total for the 2 panels.
Has anybody hear of this or done this before?
cheers,
Shane'o