Shaved & air bagged - The previous car!

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

bexterity

Shaved & air bagged - The previous car!

Post by bexterity »

hey all just thought i would chuck up some buildup pics of our old merc...

1971 280SE 3.5L v8 - bagged front and rear. door handles and locks shaved and button poppers fitted. 8)

bexterity

Post by bexterity »

and of course, some photos from the various shoots ive done on it... it even made it to Brisbane from Sydney!!!! :lol:

bexterity

Post by bexterity »

and this is what happens when a guy picks up his dream car, driving it for the very FIRST time away from the porsche dealer, gets sideways around a corner

and loses control and hits the merc... thats right a PORSCHE! the @#$@#$ drove off.... and eventually turned himself into police about 5 hours later. god

knows HOW he drove off... i would of loved to see the damage on it :shock: :shock: :shock: he actually hit the merc so hard it pushed it 4-5 feet back

into a TRUCK and smashed the back of the merc too!!! and also bent the trucks bullbar!!!!!!!!!!! AND the car was laid out - chassis rails on the road so

thats a lot of force to do that...! twisted the merc so bad it popped the windscreen out :shock: :x

Finny
State: QLD

Post by Finny »

I've heard of that happening before, especially with imported cars. Should be a warning sticker placed on them. As for your car, I can only imagine how it felt. :shock: :evil:

What was the colour on the roof, a metalic or a pearl ?
IT's LIKE WATCHING DRUNK MONKEYS TRYING TO HUMP A FOOTBALL.
Smooth customs
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Smooth customs »

Have done a few Mercs over the years, usually repairs or a couple of cosmetic resto's.

Several years ago, Aden Jacobi and I worked on some custom concepts for early 60's Mercs. The drawings look great.

If built most people would not know what the base car was.

Is always a shame to see a nice, and different car destroyed. Especially after all the work had been done to it.

Did the other guys insurance company try and get out of the claim seeing it was a modified car?
J
State: WA

Post by J »

i remember your parter posted that up on ozrodders and mentioned he bought a new kingsway to replace it.

I saw it in ur pin-up shots and wondered if there was a connection cos you also mentioned on here that ur bf has a kingsway :|

it all unfolds :P

so what is the plan for the new ride? u gonna steal the bags from the merc?
bexterity

Post by bexterity »

J wrote:i remember your parter posted that up on ozrodders and mentioned he bought a new kingsway to replace it.

I saw it in ur pin-up shots and wondered if there was a connection cos you also mentioned on here that ur bf has a kingsway :|

it all unfolds :P

so what is the plan for the new ride? u gonna steal the bags from the merc?
Nah all 4 bags blew out when it was hit the merc is LOOOOOONG gone now.. this happened in september last year :cry:

yep kingsway is ours... selling it... someone buy it! lol

next project will be an old ute of some sort, maybe a jailbird... who knows!

as for insurance, yep we gotta pay out.. a nice one lol the assessor was into mercs so he valued it very well 8) 8) 8)
MINT62

Post by MINT62 »

Bummer!!! :shock: :?

thanks for sharing the story
INVEST IN PRECIOUS METAL
Brown Bear

Post by Brown Bear »

The number plates would no doubt sum up your sentiments after the accident... :(

I remember seeing an old merc runnings airbags and the number plate 'ROLLIN'. Damn nice ride that 8)
On safari

Member of FB EK Holden Car Club of NSW Inc.
blake_reb

Post by blake_reb »

Got a link for the Kingsway for sale?