P.I.S.R. - event 1

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in W.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, WA Mod

Blacky
State: WA

P.I.S.R. - event 1

Post by Blacky »

P.I.S.R. (Perth Illegal Soapbox Racers) had our first event today. We only had 5 karts but a good time was had by all.
I didnt get any pics of the racing - will post some later when they are posted by others - but heres a couple of pics of my kart.

I managed to win the event - heres the trophy :D Must be all the go fast FB/EK bits that gave me the edge.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
cj fb ute
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by cj fb ute »

boys and there toys, love the brakes were they sufficent. :)
got to love the old trusty grey motor and drum brakes
CHOPPED
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by CHOPPED »

let me state right here and now that i am honered to know such a proffesional and experienced race car driver please remember your friends from the gutter once youve made the move to f 1 in the not to distance future :lol:
HEY IT WASNT ME
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Copied from Ozrodders, posted by Boris...

Nooice work boys...
Brootal wrote:This morning was the first (for those that don't know what inaugural means) Perth Illegal Soapbox Racing event. We are pleased to announce that there were zero casualties and no arrests. :)

It was still dark when everyone gathered at our secret location for the first ever PISR race.

J made it there in the Green Machine (Dad was driving though)

Flames was looking confident with the 'Gold Chainer Special'

Dr SP and what I have decided to dub the 'PT Special' (PT = Piss Trough!)

Tall Paul took the minimalist approach.

While Blacky went all out with his creation, 'The Spirit of Stupidity' (and yes, that is the sunrise in the background) :shock:

Full suspension and juice brakes... but would it actually go?

Like a bunch of crazy European rally fans, the crowd gathered on the outside of the turn.

I took the safe option and found a spot behind a great big tree.

The question was soon answered as to whether 'The Spirit of Stupidity' was all show and no go.

First...

Second...

Third...

Fourth...

Fifth...

THE WINNAH!

As there was nowhere near enough death and destruction, it was decided to head to a second secret destination that involved CORNERS and a LARGER HILL! :shock:

In a surprise upset, flames got the jump on Blacky and led into the second corner and was never headed.

Clearly it's the forward lean and the 'race face' that gave him the advantage.

Blacky leans into the corner to try and take flames on the inside, but it was too little too late.

For the final race the co-drivers got a chance, except for TP, whose experience shone through as he leads into Turn 2.

Not sure if this is Blacky Jr or just some random kid, but the aerodynamic advantage of looking through the steering wheel is quite evident.

Even Fishy had a go, but even with his racing pedigree, the engineless go-kart struggled all weekend.

And bringing up the rear is young J in the PT Special. Dr SP reckons bigger wheels will make it go faster, but I think the problem lies much deeper. Maybe less trough lollies in the bottom will help?

Flathead hangs his head in shame after a dismal effort for the weekend. He was talking it up big time in the lead up, but in the end the old adage was proven. "Gravity talks, Bullshit walks."

Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
kelleigh54
State: WA

Post by kelleigh54 »

I take my hat off to you all. It's good to see some genuine Australian larikenism, after all, isn't this type of fun and freedom a part of what our ANZACS fought for ? TODAYS SOCIETY SUCKS!

Thanks for reminding me how it was !
I would rather work on a Morris 1100 than use a computer !!!!!!