4.3lt valiant 6cyl in an ek???

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Sigs
State: NOT ENTERED

4.3lt valiant 6cyl in an ek???

Post by Sigs »

Has anyone ever seena Chrysler 4.3lt 6cyl motor out of a valiant 1978 model put into an ek?

Regards,
Sigs
mmm, maybe one day :roll:
(AUST)Mod
State: WA

Post by (AUST)Mod »

DR did you?
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

Trev

Post by Trev »

I think it's been done, I measured up to do this a while ago and you would need to modify the firewall a fair bit for it to fit.
The 265 Hemi is one seriosly good engine, Trev 8)
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

i haven't seen one but it has been done, i bought the trim out of one that had had one in it
would be fun :D
Sigs

Post by Sigs »

ratbox, could you see how much mod was done to it, say compared to a holden efi v6?
(AUST)Mod
State: WA

Post by (AUST)Mod »

Alot less thinking to be done if you went for a v6 because there are multiple kits available to do the conversion for a v6. As for the hemi, I think that you will run into problems with the sump/ oil pickup :)
Craig wrote: Andrew you have a red so I wouldn't race it :wink:

Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

(AUST)Mod wrote:DR did you?
Not quite me, but my old car. My mate did it with no mods to the firewall, but a little to the tunnel.

Excuse the shitty pics it was bucketing down and late one night when he visited many years back and these are the only shots I have. Sure was a fun ride, fully loaded with 5 poeple it was breaking traction in all gears with no effort at all :shock: Eventually ran a low 13 once the auto was fitted and it was sorted out a bit.

Any way here's the pics....

Here's the trick to no firewall mods.. Angle the radiator and move it forward. From memory this was pretty close to being complianced in queensland.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

sigs the car that DR has the pics of is the one the trim came out of
at a rough guess i'de say it would be cheaper/easier to fit the hemi than the V6, unless you buy the kit to fit the V6 then it would just be cheaper to fit the hemi
Sigs

Post by Sigs »

Devilrod wrote: fully loaded with 5 poeple it was breaking traction in all gears with no effort at all :shock: Eventually ran a low 13 once the auto was fitted and it was sorted out a bit.
Sensational! Do you know what gearbox it was running? Also, was the front end standard or modified?
Devilrod

Post by Devilrod »

HR front end, 3 speed manual at first then a torqueflight (I'm not upto speed on my MOPAR). He also fitted a 9" and chassis kit. Was bulletproof and a great sleeper.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

the engine mounts look like they were made for it!
Regards,

Sammy.

http://www.oldholdens.com
oldnek

Post by oldnek »

I fitted a 245 hemi in my EH Panel van, ran the borg warner 3 speed auto. All was donated from a 75 Centura. Went like a shower of shite, fuel economy was excellent as well. Just used to vibrate at speed. Conversion was pretty easy. I had to use HQ tunnel. The front section of the sump was virtually flat for clearance on the crossmember, and had to modify the oil pick up and scollap the sump for drag link clearance. Best thing about those engines, you don't need lumpy cams or big carbies to make em go, as they already do!

John
There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8
MickFB265
State: NSW

Re: 4.3lt valiant 6cyl in an ek???

Post by MickFB265 »

Hi all- replying to an old post but I have just acquired a rusty FB sedan which I’m building up as a budget eighths mile gasser. I’ve been searching high and low for info on shoehorning a 265 into an Fb as that’s the look/sound I’m looking for and it’s a little different. The beast won’t be registered so just wondering if I will have any problems getting it in? Early stage plans are keeping it simple, no electronics etc and as light as possible with a moderate cam etc. I’ll be installing a CRS chassis stiffening kit or similar -Cheers Mick
gpi

Re:

Post by gpi »

Devilrod wrote: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:09 pm ... My mate did it with no mods to the firewall, but a little to the tunnel...
...Here's the trick to no firewall mods.. Angle the radiator and move it forward...
MickFB265
State: NSW

Re: 4.3lt valiant 6cyl in an ek???

Post by MickFB265 »

Thanks :thumbsup: I wasn't able to see the pics when I first posted. So being new to the fb/ek's I'm assuming that the engine bays are identical in that case.