GMH Colour Identification Samples 1960 to 1962

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Squirralien
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: GMH Colour Identification Samples 1960 to 1962

Post by Squirralien »

ok it is

Body FB 225-2057 - A
Trim 340-886
Paint 256-9702
insert 256-9640
Top 256-9702
Chassis (inner Guard) FB 3477-A

Is there a way to find out the year it is, I thought it was a 1960
Thanks
Steven

Check out my daughters Website and read her story, Take away from it what you do and pass it on to friends and family to read, Awareness is the purpose, Know your rights in hospital and Know and learn the condition

www.melissas.net
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi Steven, your car is around March 1960. Thanks for the details. When you have time to post a pic of the tag and chassis number, that would be great.

Thank you,

Steve
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

Here is the body tag and chassis number

Thanks
Steven

Check out my daughters Website and read her story, Take away from it what you do and pass it on to friends and family to read, Awareness is the purpose, Know your rights in hospital and Know and learn the condition

www.melissas.net
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Thanks Steven, have you got a pic of the body? and engine number?

Steve
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Very late EK Ute produce during EJ manufacturing EK-8899-S

The latest Chassis number I have seen ....

Silverton Grey

Last edited by Aussie Bob on Mon May 03, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Perth assembled 2104 Panel Van.

Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

It might be a while before I can get to the engine number when I find it, Ill be tied up looking after my daughter, but I did sneak out and take a couple of shots of the car where it is
I wanted to take pictures after i got it out and washed it, it is sitting virtually as we bought it and parked it, the yellow containers in the back window even came with it, I'm so lucky haha.
I don't like the way the door was cut out but I have another door for it anyway, maybe there's a new technique were you only cut out rust you can see,, but I am not aware of it.
Anyway here it is in all of its dusty sad glory,, I want to get the brakes and clutch sorted out and get it on club reg and a very quick body tidy up so we can take it out every now and then until I finish my Torana so I can start the FB.

You can also see the back section of the roof that I hand polished trying to see the yellow,, amazing how some light it looks yellow and other light it looks so light green

Thanks
Steven

www.melissas.net
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Thanks Steven. The car definitely looks re-sprayed green. It appears that the original Fernando Yellow can be seen on the edge of the bonnet.

Looks like a nice car!

Steve
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

no that's a bright yellow that they have used, someone has sprayed the whole bonnet and its disgusting, but the plan is maybe yellow dolly an XU-1 colour, my wife wants that colour, she likes a friends xu-1 colour of his car and unfortunately my wife does want a custom car not original,, luckily for me I like them both ways but if it was Mine I think I would do it original with the Venetians, spats, and the solid sun-visor, we do have the solid sun-visor and I am hoping to fit it in with the custom look somehow but not sure how that will work.

I have found the original colour now looking properly,, in good light,, a picture is coming very soon,, 10 min
Thanks
Steven

www.melissas.net
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

ok I am about to show the extent of the car abuse this poor FB has been subjected to by a previous unknown owner,, and if you did this and your reading within the boundaries of this forum,, shame shame shame

Ok here is the colour difference on the car,, I honestly do not understand how I have not even noticed this before, Im not going to tell anyone what I was doing for a job before having to leave work to care for my daughter on the grounds that it WILL incriminate me,

And now for the car abuse from a previous owner,,,, for anyone with serious issues about pictures of car abuse please close this window now,, whoops sorry its to late your looking at them aren't you

Thanks
Steven

www.melissas.net
vmx-mxr
State: NSW

Post by vmx-mxr »

After checking through this post I find that my '62 ute is meant to be Silverton Grey (NOT Seagull grey as I first thought).

Can anyone help with the correct paint formula and a pic or two please.

Harold61 says he has the charts - are you out there Harry ?

Dave Mac :D
FBRay

Post by FBRay »

Hi Dave, I've just bought an EK Ute and I also thought it was Seagull Grey but like you after reading through this string I now know that it is Silverton Grey (585-4685).

Can anyone tell me what the colours Trim 563-983 should be?

Thanks, Ray.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi Ray, Mephisto Red and Madison Grey

Can you please post up a pic of the ID plate? and the chassis number and EJ tag?

Thanks,

Steve
FBRay

Post by FBRay »

Thanks Steve.

I'm not sure how to post a picture but I have listed the info below.

I am the third owner and it was delivered to the original owner at Deniliquin on 25-09-1962. The selling dealership was Burchfield Bros & Co (Deniliquin).

Chassis No. EK/46299/M
Engine No. B323663 (still in ute)
Body No. EK2106 - 5215 - A
Trim No. 563 - 983
Paint No. 585 - 4685

Steve, going by the above it looks like the chassis came from Melbourne but the Ute was built in Adelaide?

Look forward to catching up with you in Sawtell.

Cheers, Ray.
muza

Post by muza »

[
You can also see the back section of the roof that I hand polished trying to see the yellow,, amazing how some light it looks yellow and other light it looks so light green

Image[/quote]
Hey mate mines the same under fake light. The roof is original paint, the rest is a very close match, but under fake light it looks green :shock: :shock:
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock
75 series Landcruiser 350 Chev
Not so stock