GMH Colour Identification Samples 1960 to 1962

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Scubbs
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Scubbs »

Just read this thread
Now im very curious about paint and having second thoughts on the colour i was gunna paint my car

I think mine is Montana grey
Gunna check out the tag an get some pics in the mornin
EK Dreamer

Post by EK Dreamer »

hi stewart!!

Mine is Montana Grey, snowcrest white roof. How would you like me to give you the colour ?? as there isnt any one the colour codes as yet.

Bev
gernsworthy

4677 - Cottesloe cream

Post by gernsworthy »

Hey has anyone got a sample or picture of a EK in 4677 - Cottesloe cream?

Thanks
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Squirralien

Re: GMH Colour Identification

Post by Squirralien »

Can Anyone tell me if Fernando Yellow is actually Green in colour,
we have an FB that has the colour code 9702 which appears to be Fernando Yellow
and the car is a light green with white in the paint out section along the doors.

Also on the same I.D. plate there is a body number and I take it that this is supposed to match the body number on the drivers side inner guard
ours doesn't,, oh im so excited now, maybe it has had a new front at some stage, will this give me a headache at regency?
Thanks
Steven

Check out my daughters Website and read her story, Take away from it what you do and pass it on to friends and family to read, Awareness is the purpose, Know your rights in hospital and Know and learn the condition

www.melissas.net
Squirralien

Re: GMH Colour Identification Samples 1960 to 1962

Post by Squirralien »

Thanks feel better now, just have a green car that should be yellow, well the plan was to paint it yellow anyway so I guess its all good,, thanks

SunnyTim wrote:Fernando Yellow is a pastel yellow. The number on the plate is the body number, the number on the subframe is the chassis number. They are always different aas the bodies were assembled in different places to where they were made
Tim
Thanks
Steven

Check out my daughters Website and read her story, Take away from it what you do and pass it on to friends and family to read, Awareness is the purpose, Know your rights in hospital and Know and learn the condition

www.melissas.net
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

Well tonight i have polished a few sections of the car and it appears to be yellow in one type of light and green in another so I guess it could be the pale yellow but also looks green sometimes
Thanks
Steven

www.melissas.net
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Fernando Yellow Pre June 1960 (Nitro / Duco) in the foreground ... Satellite Yellow Post June 1960 (Acrylic / Dulon) in the background.

Satellite Yellow has less of a green tinge then Fernando Yellow.

Last edited by Aussie Bob on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

FB225-256-A The Montigue's early FB Sedan with Acrylic Fernando Yellow with Arctic Beige
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

That is the colour for sure,, amazing it looks so different in day light, I have been telling everyone we have a pale green fb and all along its been Yellow, My memory isn't the best either and when I was telling people I couldn't even remember what the colour looked like, I was telling them it was definitely pale green but looking at it today its exactly the same yellow as the pictured one above.

I hate pain medications they really stuff up your memory, well many of them do, Thanks for the pictures it has really made it sink in

And I used to think it was so funny when my wife couldn't remember things that were plain as day, now she has a better memory than me.
Long term memory is fine, only certain things just drift away
Thanks
Steven

www.melissas.net
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Your welcome Steven. Here is a reverse pic of the Satellite in the foreground and the Fernando in the Background ....

Please let me know your Body number and chassis number, as you must have an early FB :)

Steve

Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

ok it is

Body FB 225-2057 - A
Trim 340-886
Paint 256-9702
insert 256-9640
Top 256-9702
Chassis (inner Guard) FB 3477-A

Is there a way to find out the year it is, I thought it was a 1960
Thanks
Steven

www.melissas.net
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi Steven, your car is around March 1960. Thanks for the details. When you have time to post a pic of the tag and chassis number, that would be great.

Thank you,

Steve
Squirralien

Post by Squirralien »

Here is the body tag and chassis number

Thanks
Steven

www.melissas.net
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Thanks Steven, have you got a pic of the body? and engine number?

Steve