Warm-a-ride Heater

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Naughty
State: NOT ENTERED

Warm-a-ride Heater

Post by Naughty »

Hey All,

Just currently in the process of building an EK and I have neva been one to worry about the cold but the missus is insistant on having a heater for winter.

So my question is how much do the Warm a ride heaters go for and whats involved with setting them up?

Cheers
Robbo
mb 2701

heater

Post by mb 2701 »

hey mate i bought an electric heater from auto one it was dear enough at $75 but its small,warm and you can hide so it cant be seen.works well in the little ute with the little cab. cheerio
Naughty

Post by Naughty »

Hey if you wouldnt mind could you please send some pics across.
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

Hi Naughty."Warm-A-Ride" heaters are sometimes found on ebay.com.au and usually sell over $100+ depending on condition,how complete they are and how many people bid on the item.Go to the ebay site as above and type in the "search" area "FB" or "EK" Holden and all listings available will come up.There is also another very good period aftermarket heater that was made by "Smiths" and they are sometimes found as well on ebay(also sell for $100 upwards).I have one of them and also had one in my FC wagon I had in the early '80's and they are a good heater made with a black bakelite casing(warning:- sometimes the casings are cracked but usually hold together unless badly cracked).Ebay is a sellers forum,not a good one always for buyers as you can get caught in bidding wars and pay too much for things however if you have the $$$$ then you can get most things.Sometimes you can get bargains so it can work both ways.Good idea to email the seller for postage costs on items before bidding as some sellers seem to rip you off on postage costs to prop up their selling price.
I'd also like to see the pics of the heater mb 2701 bought from auto one as it might be a better alternative if you aren't a "Purist" restorer.Hope this info helps,regards Terry.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.