New Rocker Cover - Anyone know what it is ?

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mephious
State: NOT ENTERED

New Rocker Cover - Anyone know what it is ?

Post by Mephious »

Managed to win this on Ebay -

Love the look of it, its for a red motor .... Anyone know who made it, how old it is etc ?
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Gday Mephious
Your showing signs of E-Bay addiction :?
You buy stuff, that you dont even know what it is :shock:

Its a 'Rocket Cover' :roll: :roll: :roll: .....:lol: :lol: :lol: ...... :wink:
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

Thommo's dead right there.

These Rocket Covers were a very close kept secret with the early holden racing fraternity way back then.

Fit one of these to your standard grey or red motor and you were guaranteed an extra 15 to 25 MPH on top of your old maximum speed with the old standard Rocker Cover. :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Went like a Rocket hence the name Rocket Cover :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi ya Mephious

Seen 'em in an "Adult Gift Shop".. sign said......."Ribbed for extra pleasure" :shock: :shock: :shock:

Must say i aint seen a tin chrome one like that with the ridges in the top. Have seen plenty of cast alloy grey motor rocker covers

Sold one last year at Cessnock swap $50.
Reddo
Holden .. australian car for australian conditions.....partyin', drinkin' ,cruisin' and rootin'
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Gday Mephious
Is it Chrome Steel or Polished Alloy?
smooth

Post by smooth »

It's polished alloy - you can see the pit marks!

I have no idea on the brand an I've been playing this game all my life. At first I thought Speco Thomas. But they stopped selling cast alloy because of the comebacks.

Regards, Smooth 8)
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

i bought a very simular one not long ago with matching side plates they had a name on them but for the life of me can't think of it but i'll find out
Mephious

Post by Mephious »

Hahahaha cheers guys :) Hopefully some pin-strips will raise the Hp !!

Cheers Mick would appreciate mate.
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

the side plates have craig equip cast into them and the rocker cover looks the same and the side plates seem to be mached to it
i don't know about some of you it's actually a rocker cover :? :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thropzed

Post by thropzed »

Hey Ratbox, My Grandma sits and knits on her rocker cover on the porch! I'd rather have one of those NASA ROCKET COVERS that give me 25hp extra!!lol lol!!!
Cheers Theo Z..............
Watch for the early bird, He might be just getting home.

FB/EK Car Club of QLD.
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

ratbox wrote:i don't know about some of you it's actually a rocker cover :? :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know, I was only joking :?
mrs ratbox

Post by mrs ratbox »

thomo i know but mephious never mentioned it being a rocket cover so i was just clearing it up for the confused :wink: :lol: :lol:
LYNCHPIN

Post by LYNCHPIN »

Is that right that a rocker (or ROCKET) cover can give a car an extra 15 - 25 MPH???? Or do you have to do extra work to get that speed gain????

I may start scanning ebay for a rocket cover if you can increase the speed that easily??????
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

The Rocket Covers have to be polished to achieve that top speed gain.
Non polished or pitted Rocket Covers are not much better than the standard ones.

I'm told by those "in-the-know" that its something to do with airflow through the radiator going past the polished rocket cover is where the horsepower gains are made.

Non polished/pitted ones create extra turbulence and consequential airflow restriction and hence the reduced speed.

Makes sense to me :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry.

P.S. The above is all tongue-in-cheek Bullsh#t, just in case anyone thinks its true :wink: :wink: :wink:
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
space ace
State: NSW

Post by space ace »

Currently trialing NASA rocket cover happy with initial thrust read outs :)