Bell housing cover plate

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK DAZ
State: NOT ENTERED

Bell housing cover plate

Post by EK DAZ »

Hi all, Could some please put up a pic off a lower clutch cover plate (bell housing )to suit an EK manual. I have hunted thru my shed to find one and moved over half ton of parts for the scrap man in doing so.I found an EJ one which I am modifying . I have welded 30 mm to the bottom to get the right depth . Just need an idea of the shape around the gearbox/ engine mount plates. Regards Daz.
EK DAZ
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Bell housing cover plate

Post by Blacky »

pretty sure they just follow the shape of the gearbox and are a flat plate with a swage or 2 in them ?

I think there is one in EKMart, will post a pic later today mate.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
EK DAZ

Post by EK DAZ »

Thanks Blacky. The bottom is straight forward, but it's the sides that is the unknown as the EJ plate has wings on the sides that need cutting off, I can't remember if the plate is just fixed on with the four 1/4 inch screws or if the rear engine mount holes are also utilized. Thanks Daz.
EK DAZ
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

My memory is similar to Blacky's - they look something like this:

clutch inspection cover.jpg
clutch inspection cover.jpg (153.56 KiB) Viewed 128 times

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

In the immortal words of Pate’ Biscuit - “ and here’s a picture “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
EK DAZ

Post by EK DAZ »

Thanks for the pics guys, That's exactly what I need. Regards Daz.
EK DAZ
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 pm In the immortal words of Pate’ Biscuit - “ and here’s a picture “
Back when comedy was hilarious. Not sure how I would explain Bongo to the kids now though.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.