WTB drivers window sedan

Nasco extras, mechanical bits and pieces, panels, interiors or whatever.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Forum rules
All items here will be automatically deleted after 6 months since the last post. This will give you ample time to sell your item.
indiana1968
State: NSW

WTB drivers window sedan

Post by indiana1968 »

Hi all. Hoping to get the drivers side wind up glass for my car. The small channel at the bottom on mine has fallen off the frame, so the window just drops down. Thanks.
FireKraka
State: WA

Re: WTB drivers window sedan

Post by FireKraka »

Hi mate there is an easy fix without having to replace the whole window, there is a 3M product that you can use to basically glue the window back into the bottom channel, take all the old rubber out of the channel the product is like a mastic, can’t remember the name but can post it in a couple of days when I’m back home.
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
indiana1968

Post by indiana1968 »

Thanks but thats not quite the problem. There is a piece attached to the bottom of the glass channel that the arm slots intio.....about 10 cm long. That has come away.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Just needs the channel repaired/replaced as Neil said above............

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
indiana1968

Post by indiana1968 »

Not to sure how that may go. Gluing the two metal pieces back together. What is the best adhesive then? (The glass itself is still secure in its channel, its the second channel underneath that has seperated)
Harv

Post by Harv »

I’ve probably got one. It will not be perfect - there may be some scratches on the glass… daily driver quality, not resto or show car. Is this what you are after?

Happy to pull it out for you while I am home this week and you can pick it up off my front verandah in Greystanes whenever you are ready. Gratis.

But beware… it will take me an hour fighting spooders and stacked parts to get it out. If the quality above is not what you are after, then I can really use the time to do other stuff.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

Got to watch out for those Sydney hairy spooders Harv. Take care😄
Attachments
Spooder
Spooder
images (9).jpeg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 490 times
Sucker for a rusty bomb
indiana1968

Post by indiana1968 »

Harv wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:00 pm I’ve probably got one. It will not be perfect - there may be some scratches on the glass… daily driver quality, not resto or show car. Is this what you are after?

Happy to pull it out for you while I am home this week and you can pick it up off my front verandah in Greystanes whenever you are ready. Gratis.

But beware… it will take me an hour fighting spooders and stacked parts to get it out. If the quality above is not what you are after, then I can really use the time to do other stuff.

Cheers,
Harv
Oh that would be awesome. She is a daily drive....a bit tatty but goes everywhere I need. I could collect it after school on Thursday as I work in Guildford West. Do you want some mortein perhaps?
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Mig, tig or braze. Or take the old one off and fit the one off Harv's scratchy spoodery one. You may need to take it off to weld it up anyway.

EK van on rotisserie
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I don't know Brett, that spooder looks kind of cute.

EK van on rotisserie
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

As in many things in life, it's the cute ones that are the most dangerous.

Back on topic- there is a mob that sells the glass set rubber - moisten it with kero and it dries tight around the glass. I've used it on front door vent windows after repairing the frames. Trim it with a razor blade once set. Could dig them up if someone needs to know.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
60Special
State: WA

Post by 60Special »

I managed to mig this bit back on mine. Just spots and keep cool with a wet rag. 👍
indiana1968

Post by indiana1968 »

Hi Harv, I have sent you a pm regarding the window. Thanks again to everyone for the advice and support.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Sorted. Pick it up whenever you are ready - details in the PM.

IMG_0802.jpeg
IMG_0802.jpeg (3.7 MiB) Viewed 447 times

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
funkyscooter

Post by funkyscooter »

Brett027 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:00 pm Back on topic- there is a mob that sells the glass set rubber - moisten it with kero and it dries tight around the glass. I've used it on front door vent windows after repairing the frames. Trim it with a razor blade once set. Could dig them up if someone needs to know.
Think you might be talking about https://glass4classics.com.au/product/a ... ting-tape/
They have videos showing the process of fitting.
Ring them - there web site did not seem to take orders. The staff are very helpful. Possible advantage of tape over sealant is ease of future removal, and the glass is easy to set evenly and square in the frame.
Scott
(Not so rusty) Ol' Rusty - FB/EK Sedan