July club run

Club Runs, meetings and other news for fans of FBs & EKs in W.A

Moderators: reidy, Blacky, WA Mod

Blacky
State: WA

July club run

Post by Blacky »

will be a spanner day at The Holden Hospital A.T.A. EKMart next Sunday July 30 from 9am onwards.
Club will supply lunch and cool drinks and we will have tea and coffee etc on hand as well.

We have a couple of jobs booked in already but theres still plenty of room/time for more 8)
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Re: July club run

Post by Blacky »

Had a reasonable turnout - including 4 potential new members Image

Got the handbrake sorted on John’s FB

Had to go and jump start Drews EK van at the local Auto One - bloody EK’s ImageImageImageImageImageImage
It had a leaky front seal on the timing cover so we sorted that out and gave the front springs a desperately needed haircut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Changed out the distributor on Craigs EK to a HEI setup - the immobiliser was playing silly buggers and we had a couple of dramas getting it sorted

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Blacky wrote:Changed out the distributor on Craigs EK to a HEI setup - the immobiliser was playing silly buggers and we had a couple of dramas getting it sorted

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Had 3 new cars turn up , the 4th bloke is helping his 83 year old father rebuild the ute he bought in 1965 !!! The old boy has fitted a red motor , HR front end and is busy preparing it to paint - which he plans to do himself- hope I can still do that stuff if I get to that age !!!!

Ute has red motor auto air con power steering Rodtech front end and 9” diff

Sedan has been in the family over 50 years now on its 3rd generation of custodian- has red motor 5 speed and Skyline diff

Greg’s FB is a plum , daily driver car once again owned for years , he painted it in 1985 and still looks great , has red motor, auto , Torana diff and electric power steering

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Bloody EK oil dirtying up my floor ImageImageImageImage

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Some nice cars our there.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:49 pm Sedan has been in the family over 50 years now on its 3rd generation of custodian- has red motor 5 speed and Skyline diff
Borg Warner 75, similar to Conformadore but 2" narrower.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Great to see more cars come out of the shed and participate. Good idea them spanners days too 👍

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:02 am

Borg Warner 75, similar to Conformadore but 2" narrower.

Cheers,
Harv
Yeah - if you are happy to run wheels like what are on that sedan you don't need to narrow them :thumbsup: