No go Help

Includes fuel system, cooling system and exhaust.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Utey
State: NOT ENTERED

No go Help

Post by Utey »

Hi
Just replaced extractors think I reconnected everything engine fires runs with throttle bit lumpy
then stops no idle starts every time but no run
Running perfectly before replacement.
Sure its something obvious just can't find it
Any help ideas greatly appreciated

Nick
Harv
State: NSW

Re: No go Help

Post by Harv »

Could have dislodged crap into the needle and seat. Blow them out, refit, run with top off carb and see if fuel level is maintained in float bowl.

Could be a honking great air leak at the manifold. With motor cold (to avoid a fire) spray WD40 around the manifold whilst running. If the engine picks up, it is sucking through a leak.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Utey
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Utey »

Thanks Harv for the fast response
Leaking at the manifold I used the existing gasket!would that cause the problem?
I guess undo and refit?
This is a straight forward exercise , just position and tighten?

Thanks

Nick
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Yes gasket sealing is extremely important, it changes everything the car needs to run because of the vacuum.

Vacuum effects everything, fuel mixture to timing, if thats not right them no go ! Parden the pun.

Put a new gasket in, the reason is they squash with the first tension and dont spring back, if you move the manifold in any way after that it will more than likely not seal and cause issues.

Greg
So many cars so little time!