TT Sedan

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Errol62
State: SA

Re: TT Sedan

Post by Errol62 »

Plenty of room under the guards. Definitely pushing the envelope Roger.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Harv wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:33 pm
Blacky wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:38 am SA regs are definitely way easier to work to than WA - the rattler with a supercharged 202 is JUST under the limit over here, and if you go V8 naturally aspirated the limit - depending on who you talk to - is 327 🙄🙄🙄
NSW can be no better, depending on the engineer. 341.5ci for a NA V8 was all I could calculate my way into. The 40-thou over 327 in the wagon goes 333ci. It was proposed that I would have to remove heads and prove capacity, until the engine builder (a bloke the engineer trusted) sent the build sheet.

Interestingly, I was offered any capacity I wanted provided I passed a beam test. Visions of Merlins danced in my head until I was quoted $4k for the beam test, and couldn’t find anyone at the time who had passed on in an EK. I chickened out.

I dream of twin hairdryers. Might need antilag if they are mounted that far back, though it sounds horrible when used.

Cheers,
Harv
it's a HR so a bit more weight benefit but a mate just got a HR van engineered with a blown LS1, a propper blower a 6/71
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Grabbed a TE Cortina rack from Dudley's paddock on Saturday morning.
Scrubbed up fairly nicely
TE cortina.JPG
TE cortina.JPG (87.36 KiB) Viewed 726 times
Cortina TRW rack.JPG
Cortina TRW rack.JPG (63.64 KiB) Viewed 726 times
Just waiting on the drop stub axels from Stub Tech to arrive and then I can work on the mounts and steering arms.
Small steps forward.
Cheers,
Roger
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Looks the goods Roger,

Your having fun by the looks of it !

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

you want a pair of HQ short steering arms mate , and a pair of VB/K tie rod ends, they will screw onto the rack ends - you will also need to reverse ream the steering arms so the tie rods go in the other way

When I get home I can measure where my rack is so you can make mounting brackets if you want.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

I have the steering arms and a tapered reamer so all good there but any help on the mount is appreciated.
There is a right way and a wrong way and then there is my way which is usually the long way.
Blacky

TT Sedan

Post by Blacky »

Hers a few I have used to get mine set up - basically needs to be as close to the front of the crossmember and as low as you can get it - from memory the centreline of the mounting bolt was 55mm up from the lip on the front of the crossmember
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

TT Sedan

Post by Blacky »

Sway bar arrangement- these pics were sent to me by Fatboy , my sway bar is a bit different to this , there are more pics on the red rattler rebuild thread

EK283

Post by EK283 »

I tripped over this last week, I know its cortina and would love to put it in but needs engine out again. GRRRRRRR

I have used exactly the same sway bar links but I have the ball joint end on the control arm with a special bracket (special homemade)
IMG_0802.JPG
IMG_0802.JPG (6.67 MiB) Viewed 664 times
Greg
So many cars so little time!
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Thanks Blacky fo rthe photo's.
I'm just back home after another 460 km round trip to sort out the paint colour for Ammo's ute.
The colour I had in mind was not the paint code, that I gave the painter, it was more grey than silver.
All sort so of fto the shed tomorrow to tackle the front end.

Question - what is the sway bar that you and Fatboy use ?

Cheerts,
Roger
Blacky

TT Sedan

Post by Blacky »

Mine is stock HR type , made some link bars with a rose joint one end and stock type on the other end , only pic I can find is half finished but you get the idea

gledge

Post by gledge »

Have a look at GU GQ Nissan patrol sway bar links mate.. I used them on the back of my FC you can get them in a few different lengths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Thanks Gledge, for the info on sway bar connectors. I will wait until I have the front end bolted in before deciding what I will do.
Cut off the engine mounts and the rack mounts I put on the front end 20 years ago today then dropped it off the get blasted.

Mail delivery yesterday from Stub Tech.
stub axles.JPG
stub axles.JPG (99.88 KiB) Viewed 608 times
Also got the bearing ends from Rod Tech for the VS diff. Pulled to axles out, cleaned up the oil spill and now need to cut the diff to size.
Moving along with plenty to do.

Cheers,
Roger
gledge

Post by gledge »

Let me know when ya need the jig mate I have to go get it from Milang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrongway Roger

Post by Wrongway Roger »

Another trip to " Dudley's " this morning, as I need to repair the front guard peaks.
The very rusty on was a guard buried in a pile of stuff. The other from EK wagon that had the roof cut off.
So no " good " guards were harmed :D
guard peak.JPG
guard peak.JPG (97.96 KiB) Viewed 568 times
These are the 2 guards I had to work with. Previous repair hidden under bog.
RH guard.JPG
RH guard.JPG (116.54 KiB) Viewed 568 times
LH guard.JPG
LH guard.JPG (130.58 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Time to cut and weld. Wish me luck with the TIG.
Cheers,
Roger