Accelerater Pedal

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

Accelerater Pedal

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

OK I know it's been thrashed to death BUT i am a slow leaner . I am having trouble with the Accelerater Pedal ( 305 Chev, 4 barrel Holley, ) I have extended the Peddel lever 2" running Cable instead of linkage but i am only getting minimal travel on Pedal. I am thinking of going Commadore pedal but not sure if its a good option due to previous post on this subject any help welcome and what model commadore
Thanks Billy B
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Accelerater Pedal

Post by Blacky »

Billy , plenty of people have used a throttle cable off a Mitsubishi Express van , they fit up to the stock pedal and work a treat - I will have a search and see if I can find some info for ya.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Have a squizz here -

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4375&hilit=Express

I am going to order one now - it might help me out with the rattler throttle setup :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
BILLY BLACKARROW

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Thanks Blacky
That is exacterly what i have done except brought the cable out inline with carb but still not working maybe i need to secure the cable under dash a bit better.
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Harv

Post by Harv »

G'day Billy,

How much cable pull do you need?

To check it, have a helper hold a steel rule (or tapemeasure) near the Holley where the accelerator cable attaches. Use your fingers on the carby throttle arm to move it from idle to WOT, and see how much the cable end moves on the steel rule.

If you use the stock factory lever out of the firewall, you get 12mm cable pull.
If you extend the factory lever, you can make it about 40mm longer before you hit the subframe leg. This will give 35mm cable pull.
If you need more than 35mm cable pull, then you need to make up a lever somewhere near the manifold to multiply the pull.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

I extended mine to be 60 mm radius but should have been a bit longer. As harv says I reckon you could go to 70mm before you start fouling subframe. Makes for a more comfy pedal position at idle.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

Couldn't find my sketch earlier today:

Cable pull.JPG
Cable pull.JPG (72.38 KiB) Viewed 454 times

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.