Nominations for improved cooling head gaskets - fourth round

Nasco extras, mechanical bits and pieces, panels, interiors or whatever.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Forum rules
All items here will be automatically deleted after 6 months since the last post. This will give you ample time to sell your item.
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Nominations for improved cooling head gaskets - fourth round

Post by Harv »

Short update. All those who have committed to gaskets have paid. Total of 66 gaskets. Still have 30-odd gaskets spare, though experience shows the stragglers will take those over the next 6 months.

Will chase the gasket supplier this week and see how far away the order is. The lead time was quoted as 6-8 weeks, with 6 weeks being up on December 14th.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
RobD
State: VIC

Post by RobD »

Hi there I am interested in buying two head gaskets.
How do I go about it.
Thanks Rob
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

one of our mob are keen as well Harv, can you PM payment details please ???
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

RobD wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:46 pm Hi there I am interested in buying two head gaskets.
How do I go about it.
Thanks Rob
G'day Rob, no problem. Please PM me your name and address. I will PM you the payment method, and once the gaskets arrive will send them to you.
Blacky wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:05 pm one of our mob are keen as well Harv, can you PM payment details please ???
No problem - will send a PM now.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Spoke to the gasket supplier today. They are on track, and due to ship to him by the end of December. All going well, I should have these out to people by the end of January depending on logistics. Might be later if I get tied up with work but will try and get the out as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Harv
Harv

Post by Harv »

A quick update.

The good news: the gaskets have been manufactured, and have been posted to me by the supplier. Should arrive at my place via Aussie Post mid this week. All the packing plywood has been cut, instructions printed out and addresses labelled ready to go.

The bad news: I’ve gone back to work, so the gaskets won’t get posted out until I get home again. Aiming to get these into the post for you on Monday, 5th February. Apologies for the delay - had hoped they would arrive before my holiday ended, but no such luck.

Cheers,
Harv
Harv

Post by Harv »

As promised, I have posted out the gaskets yesterday. You should have either:

a) a PM message giving you your Aussie Post tracking number, or
b) a PM message asking for your address so I can post them.

Gaskets are single wrapped in cellophane, and put in with copies of the NASCO information, a warning on installation, and info from the new manufacturer. All that is sandwiched between ply, and wrapped in tape.

I still have some gaskets left if there are any stragglers.

Cheers,
Harv
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.