FB-EK Wagon Rear Bumper

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Boomer
State: NSW

FB-EK Wagon Rear Bumper

Post by Boomer »

G’day guys,

Has anyone out there got a complete rear bumper for a wagon they don’t really want? Looking for one in real good nick but I’ll take what I can get. I’m in Newcastle for reference.

Cheers,
Boomer
Blacky
State: WA

Re: FB-EK Wagon Rear Bumper

Post by Blacky »

Hi Boomer, they are the same shape as sedans, just the overriders are different - and wagon overriders are BLOODY hard to find in good condition - they are nearly always rusted out. Do you have a rear bar now that needs work or are you missing a bar entirely??
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

G’day Blacky,

Thanks for that, I thought wagons and sedans were different. I’ve got a Ute with the “bumperettes” if that’s what you call them. I’m planning on throwing a heap of money into a restomod on the old girl, so chasing parts for the build. I’m just after the full rear bar as I like the look.

Cheers,
Boomer
BILLY BLACKARROW

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Where in Newcastle are you , Iam at Macquarie Hills I am pretty sure I a have bumper and wagon over riders but I have Emphysema and cant get around real well to check. pretty sure they will need re chroming.
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

If you are planning to put it on a ute you want an FE/FC rear bar
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Why is that Blacky? Doesn’t the sedan bumper fit on a Ute?
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hey Boomer the back of the Ute doesn't have the big tail lights at the bottom that a sedan or wagon has so the curve around the side doesn't need to be as large, the FE FC didn't have the large tail lights so fits far better, it is what I did to my Ute FD sedan rear bumper welded up to make one piece, see photo, I have other photos if you want.
IMG_0959.jpg
IMG_0959.jpg (4.22 MiB) Viewed 741 times
IMG_0733.JPG
IMG_0733.JPG (674.34 KiB) Viewed 741 times
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Ute van rear is a carry over of FE FC ute like EH and HR carried over from EJ and HD. Neil has done it so I just speculate that the tailgate sill profile is per FE FC van, wagon and sedan. I think the FE FC van sh a res the wagon tailgate as well as the ute spare wheel door.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
BILLY BLACKARROW

My observation of the fe/fc bumper appear to be a bit boxy / squarish compared to fb/ek would the fb /ek ute bumperets with the sedan center one piece work? you may have to use more than one centre piece to get it to fit
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hi Billy;
Mate I'm pretty sure the bumperettes for FE FC FB & EK are all the same I have 3 or 4 sets hanging in my workshop roof and a really good set that came with the one piece front bumper and can't really see any difference, I'm no expert so maybe somebody does know if there is a difference.
:peaceout: :peaceout:
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Thanks for all the info guys, I’ve just been going off pics I’ve seen of a Ute with a full bumper. Real neat finish on a very tidy ride Firekraka. I’ll take you up on the bumper Billy and I’ll find a FE/C bumper and mix them up like you suggested. What’s the best way to contact you Billy?
526F0701-CB75-44C0-8E69-AB8C53779AEB.jpeg
526F0701-CB75-44C0-8E69-AB8C53779AEB.jpeg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 721 times
BILLY BLACKARROW

PM me and let me know what you need and where you are at, you will have to dig them out and you never know you may see something else you need my build is nearly finished just i cant finish it ,son is finishing off for me when he gets time which isn't very much as he works a lot and then he has his own stuff to do .
BILLY BLACKARROW
60Special

Post by 60Special »

[image][image][/image][/image]
I used a full FC rear bumper on my van
Attachments
F9D1E05B-C1B8-4509-B025-40030816A147.jpeg
F9D1E05B-C1B8-4509-B025-40030816A147.jpeg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 681 times