Rear springs.

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

oz_ek
State: VIC

Rear springs.

Post by oz_ek »

I'm guessing the difference between sedan and wagon springs is the two lower leaves on the wagon springs?
Blacky
State: WA

Re: Rear springs.

Post by Blacky »

Basically- yes.
Harv posted up a complete list of part numbers for each leaf and what was in what , don’t know where it is though , you may be able to find it using the search function ?
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

Harv wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:43 pm viewtopic.php?p=256021&hilit=spring+leaves#p256021

Cheers,
Harv
I remember the thread Harv, though didn't realize just how different the spring stacks are!....Think I'll just use a set of Sedan springs and be done with it.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Springs ain't springs. I laugh when people advertise rear axles etc as specific to a particular body style, but when it came to springs Holden were reslly in to tuning.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
oz_ek

Post by oz_ek »

Errol62 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:15 pm Springs ain't springs. I laugh when people advertise rear axles etc as specific to a particular body style, but when it came to springs Holden were reslly in to tuning.

I'm thinking there's no point in having heavier springs in a ute that will never see a real load again; thought Sedan springs might improve the ride quality a bit as well?
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I thought the same, and put a sedan set in my ute. Having reset them cold with my 12 tonne press I was worried they would be too low and bottoming out so in the end I added bottom springs from a commercial pack. Now I wouldn’t mind them a bit lower but that is ok because Greg gave me a pair of reverse eye top springs. I’d like to get the side down a bit more in the ute but will need to sort the rubbing on the passenger side, or at least give up running white bands.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Clay, indeed i did !

By the way they were heat treated and reversed rolled for proper spring tension, stress releived and from memory one has more tension in it for the drivers side ???

Hurry up mate get em in.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
FireKraka
State: WA

Post by FireKraka »

Hey OZ, I put sedan springs in my Ute as you say it is never going to see heavy loads however I did get a little bit of bumping in the rear on the way over and back from the nationals as I had a bit of stuff in the tray, mind you i didn't need most of the shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Gearbox first Greg. They sound good maybe make up for my dodgy cold resetting to a degree.

EK van on rotisserie