One for Greg - Bond/Moffat Falcons

Got something else that you want to show off that's not an FB or EK? Try this section.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Harv
State: NSW

One for Greg - Bond/Moffat Falcons

Post by Harv »

One of these beasties lives around the corner from me. Does a slow lap around the block once a month… damn thing is lumpy enough it only fires every telegraph pole. It was joined by it’s stablemate today.

1207B90D-E0EF-4D65-8F2D-70FC92F84F8E.jpeg
1207B90D-E0EF-4D65-8F2D-70FC92F84F8E.jpeg (2.51 MiB) Viewed 535 times

I think they are the Bond/Moffat XC hardtops that took 1-2 on The Mountain in 1977. Not sure if they are originals or tributes, but either way made me grin like a Cheshire Cat.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
EK283

Re: One for Greg - Bond/Moffat Falcons

Post by EK283 »

Hi Harv,

Funny enough not XC Falcs they are Mustangs, wierd really painted the same as the 77 XC's.

Not sure why you would do that ? Although the XC coupes are thin on the ground I must admit.

Thanks for posting.

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

They're fords, yawn....
8) 8)

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

I’d pull over and get excited even for a Skyline GT-R, but as Jim said I’m just one of a pack…. 😀🤣

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Always been a Holden fan, but I clearly remember as a youngster watching the finish of Bathurst when those two hard top coupes finished 1 & 2.
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:38 pm I’d pull over and get excited even for a Skyline GT-R, but as Jim said I’m just one of a pack…. 😀🤣

Cheers,
Harv
🤣🤣🤣👍
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Finally managed to catch hold of the owner today. He owns both, and had them out on the roadside getting ready for a car show. Pretty drizzly, so not sure if he got there in the end. He hires them out for weddings etc.

Asked him why he did the cars as stangs and not Falcons. He has always been into Mustangs, and reckons the &*#@ coupes “are all $&@“ed with rust, and they want a fortune for them”.

Cheers,
Harv