front shocks

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

BILLY BLACKARROW
State: NSW

front shocks

Post by BILLY BLACKARROW »

Hi all
Went to fit front shocks today and found they wouldn't fit through the hole in the bottom wish bone (HR front end ) have I the wrong shocks or am i fitting them wrong do you have to drop the bottom wish bone and feed it in from the top or what . I would imagine that you just feed them up from the bottom but like i said the hole is to small by a couple mm
Thanks Dum ass Billy :grinnn: :grinnn:
BILLY BLACKARROW
MY Father always said do the hard part first --because when you are OVER IT you only have the easy part left to do THINGS I HAVE TRIED TO LIVE BY
ardiesse

Re: front shocks

Post by ardiesse »

You're not fitting the shocks wrong. But I bet the guy who sold them said "yeah, they fit, no worries".

In the bad old days, Monroe GT-130s were always just a little too wide to fit through the hole without a little persuasion with a hammer.

You might have to get out with a half-round file and relieve the hole in the control arm a bit. And it may help to drive the car up onto ramps to install the shock absorbers, rather than having it on stands.

Rob
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Standard evn back when I got peddlers shocks on my HX van about 1983 Billy. They whipped out the bastard file and made them fit quiccksmart.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

It's moments like these where that little phneumatic die grinder comes out and shines. My favourite tool in the kit.
Sucker for a rusty bomb