Nats diary 2022

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: Nats diary 2022

Post by Blacky »

So we pointed her north and sent it ….

Made it to Port Augusta at about 8pm and treated ourselves to a beer or 6 ImageImage

Loved the kid’s menu at the Flinders Rest about an hour south of Port Agutta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Warnertown, hmm. How are the bed bugs these days?

Well done mate finding the parts can be the hardest bit.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We just stopped for a beer mate , great little pub Image

Rest of the stash from Dudleys -

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Had an easy day today, did a 400kmish run from Port Augusta to Streaky Bay after staying in a nice quiet caravan park last night about 5 minutes out of the ‘Gutta, had a few fairly substantial rain squalls and some roadworks to deal with - SA is the roadworks capital of Australia

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We made it to Kimba, halfway across Australia geographically - we were in a rush so didn’t bother stopping at the sign , got a pic of the big galah on the way past though and had to go to the silos but they have been buggered up now, you used to be able to park right in front of them but not any more….

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

A quick splash of fuel and we were back into it - off to Streaky Bay. We had to stop because Mrs Blacky wanted a photo for her upcoming 50th -

Accommodation was a bit hard to take but we will manage

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We had to sample the local fare and booze , had a Southwark stout that wasn’t too bad …. Who knew they made drinkable beer ?? Firekraka’s birthday as well so we had to have a beer or 3 with the old bastard ImageImage

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

If it’s where I think it is we used to stay there with mum and dad.

The Coopers Stout is bitterer more betterer, although not as strong.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Left Foggy Streaky Bay , straight through Ceduna and now at Penong. Niel has lost a wiper and just blown a tyre Image

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

F

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

EK van on rotisserie
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Neil had to backtrack to Ceduna for tyres , we continued onward . Heading to Nullarbor the ute temperature started to climb Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

We pulled up for a break and to let her cool off before heading off again and just as were were leaving Gaz and Sue came back in as the Mazda he was driving was pumping coolant out ….. we struggled to get the bonnet open on it as the release cable was buggered but got it open and sorted and they were back on their way.

Blacky

Nats diary 2022

Post by Blacky »

Made it to Border Village sitting on 100 to keep the temp in check and while we were there got word from Neil he was 20 minutes behind us- apparently he had caught a tailwind ImageImageImageImage
We then drove in to Madura pass where we were staying for the night , a touch under 800 km for us , a touch over 900 for Neil

Been a while since I’ve seen one of these

Stoney had the Chlamydia room , we had the Tetanus suite, Neil was in the the Syphylus wing and Gaz and Sue scored the Bubonic room- this place is FILTHY…….ImageImageImageImage- later on we all found every one of us went to bed fully dressed……
Got up , showered and got going again

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Next stop Cocklebiddy

Then on to Caiguna for the obligatory shot at the 90 mile straight

Ute ran sweet but pumps all its water out and then gets hot so regular top ups are the go , we got to Norseman and split up , Neil went to Kalgoorlie and we headed south towards Esperance

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Stopped for a quick froffy at the Gibson Soak hotel , tried a pub further up the road but it was closed, had some nice treasure behind it though …..

HImage

Here you can see an eklummox knuckledraggius in its natural habitat ImageImageImage and below is an fbowner championnii teasing said eklummox ImageImage