Rares FB/EK steering reco kits

Includes shock absorbers, springs and steering linkages.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Brett027
State: NSW

Rares FB/EK steering reco kits

Post by Brett027 »

I received word back today that Rares recognise the problem with their full reco steering kits in relation to the pitman shaft adjustment.

They will be including the longer EH type adjuster with new kits and are happy to provide the right adjuster to match the shafts provided in the kit if you have bought one already.

A fellow called Shane is the bloke to chase in Rares to follow up. I dont have his number unfortunately. Perhaps your Rares agent can help.

B
Sucker for a rusty bomb
Errol62
State: SA

Re: Rares FB/EK steering reco kits

Post by Errol62 »

You good thing mate!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

Well done.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

I spoke to Shane Harris at RSP head office today. I've been reluctant to try contacting anyone in the management, but I was pleasantly surprised. Shane had plenty of time to talk about steering boxes and the old car business in general. Head office number is 0393054000. Then 0.

Adjuster shaft due in the post. Shane has sent these out to all stores for inclusion in existing stock. Mine should have had one.

Shane also advised me not to replace the brass bushes if they are ok. They are supplied undersize and have to be reamed. Trap for the unwary.

EK van on rotisserie
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

Good work tracking him down Clay. Yes I twigged to the brass bush thing when I did Wilma's box originally. It seems the shaft wears and not the bushes. Same thing in Project 2's box.
It seems that Rares are going to set up their own shops and let go of the franchises. Will be a shame if that's true.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Ebay seems to be their main focus. Gets priority over all else due to fines for late delivery.

EK van on rotisserie
Brett027

Post by Brett027 »

My adjuster nut turned up today from Rares. Anyone who bought a full reco kit should be getting one too.
Sucker for a rusty bomb
Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

Got my adjuster nut also.

Today I got a call from Rare Spares Adelaide to advise my steering box kit has arrived. I had thought I would tell them to stick it but was civil. It is on the shelf if anyone Adelaide way needs it.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
EK van on rotisserie