Car cover for FB

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Gonedaddy
State: VIC

Car cover for FB

Post by Gonedaddy »

Has anyone found an off the shelf cover that fits well? I need to store my car out of the garage for a couple of weeks and looking for a good waterproof recommendation.

Cheers
Tim
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Car cover for FB

Post by Harv »

I own about 6 or so of these for the small fleet of kids cars. They work well.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/cov ... s&start=14

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Gonedaddy

Post by Gonedaddy »

Thanks Harv, they look pretty good. It was the side dimension/height I was concerned about. Do they fully cover the FB/EK's sides?

Cheers
Tim
Harv

Post by Harv »

The large sedan ones sit about 6" off the ground, but the shape matches the car relatively well. The large 4WD ones drag on the ground, but don't fit the car shape so well.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Gonedaddy

Post by Gonedaddy »

Unreal, thanks for the reply mate, just what I was after.

Cheers
Tim
gpi

Post by gpi »

do these have any lining?
Harv

Post by Harv »

No, they are a single layer.

It's a weird material... not quite fabric, and not quite paper either. It will tear, but like fabric you have to work hard to make it do so. It will keep out most rain showers and storms, but after a full day of heavy rain it will start to saturate (it changes colour and you can start to almost see the car through it). I guess that slight porosity is a good thing, as it prevents water getting trapped underneath for long periods of time.

They only have a single tiedown strap underneath, which works OK most of the time. In very heavy winds though they can get air under them and puff up like a balloon. If one corner comes adrift, they can partially come off the car. The strap should not be fastened underneath while the 'zorst is still hot (ask me how I know), but a melted strap can be granny-knotted back together, Macguiver fashion. The straps are adjustable like a lap-belt.

They have a front and a back, as they have a shape to them. I had to get into the habit of always rolling it off and finishing on the bonnet so that when I roll it back on again it is the right-way-round.

Cheers,
Harv
gpi

Post by gpi »

cheers Harv,
i ended up buying both the prestige and the all weather