Engineering/ Mod plate.

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

9ollie
State: VIC

Engineering/ Mod plate.

Post by 9ollie »

Hi all, looking for comment/advice on an EK wagon I'm going to look at. It's on NSW conditional rego with eng. report. but no mod plate. Is that normal for NSW to have no mod plate? Eng report done in 2019, Ek has v6/auto, 4wdb, seatbelts etc. No chassis kit which I would have thought would be required, pretty sure it would be here in Victoria. Also anyone on here that has purchased an interstate modified car with eng report. What process/difficulties are involved in rego it here in Victoria, will NSW engineer report do or will it need to be re-engineered?
Thanks for any input.
Harv
State: NSW

Re: Engineering/ Mod plate.

Post by Harv »

If it was engineered in NSW, it would have had an engineers report (Vehicle Safety Compliance Certification Scheme certificate, or VSCCS certificate). The vehicle also gets a once-off inspection over the pits (blue slip) after the engineer is finished. This is done by one of the hundreds of licensed blue slip inspectors in NSW (typically a mechanics workshop).
You present both the VSCCS and blue slip to Service NSW, and they register the car.
No modplate is attached to the vehicle.

NSW runs the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Modifications (NCOP). NCOP does not mandate chassis upgrades for vehicles. Some, but not all, engineers request them anyway.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
gpi

Post by gpi »

yeah, i can see it needs to be re-engineered in vic

can you respray it back to cameo beige too, im wondering why they painted it egyptian tan...
9ollie

Post by 9ollie »

Thanks for replies, also spoke to Vicroads, no idea, then transfered me to Vicroads vehicle safety divison(what ever that is), they responded that if I put it on club plates a RWC is all I need to do. If I decide to purchase it will be interesting to see how things pan out. I'll end up putting a chassis kit in it any way down the track.
9ollie

Post by 9ollie »

Also gpi do you know anything about car and why do you think it needs to be re-engineered?
D-MAN
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by D-MAN »

My understanding is Engineer reports are not transferable
So you would have to get it engineered in Victoria
My advice would be get a copy of the engineers report and take it talk to a local engineer and ask what needs to be done to get it registered in your state
Harv

Post by Harv »

D-MAN wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:15 pmMy advice would be get a copy of the engineers report and take it talk to a local engineer and ask what needs to be done to get it registered in your state
Good advice.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Harv wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:09 pm
NSW runs the National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Modifications (NCOP). NCOP does not mandate chassis upgrades for vehicles. Some, but not all, engineers request them anyway.

Cheers,
Harv
most of the engineers i've dealt with or spoken to only use NCOP as a guideline, and also most (all that i have ever spoken to) require a chassis kit for any engine upgrade 202 or bigger

other states seem to be all over the place it seems based on what people say it depends on who you get on the day :roll: i've heard people say they've had vehicles registered on other state reports or no reports at all :crazy:

i would work on you will need another engineers report and you will need a chassis kit and if you end up not needing one or both it's a bonus
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
9ollie

Post by 9ollie »

Thanks for everyones input. I've travelled and looked at it and decided it was too good to pass up, run and drove great, price was on point,(I think wifey just wanted it gone) as he has already brought another project. I'll deal with engineers when and if I have to. The body is solid with what I can see(had it up on a hoist) no rust in usual places. I'm not prepared to say rust free as we all know vehicles this age must have some, but no major body work yah. I looked at it this way, would I have been where this car is at, if I had brought a bigger project, for the money I paid, and the answer is no.
I'm happy with the purchase, will change a few components I'm not happy with, but all in all happy days.
Also I need a wiper knob, and a front seat if any bodies got one, as I want to change it back to bench from the buckets that's in it. I'll put this request in the wanted parts section as well.
gpi

Post by gpi »

good score ollie

i would join a car club and go to a few meetings before spending anymore money on it.

please paint it cameo beige again, being a hydra body too is a bonus
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

we need pics :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
9ollie

Post by 9ollie »

Pics coming as soon as it lands in my drive way. Can't wait, been looking for 2 years for the right one.
gpi

Post by gpi »

we thought you were selling the madang maroon wagon that is still for sale, albeit 25.5k now
9ollie

Post by 9ollie »

No I did look at that when it was for sale in Druoin, and then again in Rowville, but the roof was the deciding factor, it needs rust repairs around roof gutter area all the way around, plus other areas. I'm ok at body work, just ok, but can of worms etc. I would be out of my depth(and not to afraid to admit it), if it needed total roof replacement. 2 days too go. :vecctor: :clap: Got unregistered permit and insurance all sorted. But things are so busy down here at Phillip Is. it can't be looked at until 7 April :huhhh: . Also no FBEK clubs locally, even when I had the FJ I had to join a Melbourne club for cruise/outings etc. I think there is a general type customs club some where around locally so I'll join that for my club permit.
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

No different in Adelaide with long waits for DRT inspections.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie