those that have fitted gas struts on bonnet

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mick
State: NSW

those that have fitted gas struts on bonnet

Post by Mick »

i've seen pics of them not sure if here or facebook but want to see pics and speak with people that have fitted gas struts to hold their bonnet up, want ones mounted to body and bonnet not on the hinge, i fitted a willwood dual circuit master cylinder and there's no room for the spring, i'm happy to just use a stick but if i can put a gas strut on even better
thanks
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky
State: WA

Re: those that have fitted gas struts on bonnet

Post by Blacky »

our V6 EK had a spring on the passenger side hinge and a gas strut from the centre of the bonnet brace where they cross to the middle of the firewall above the wiper motor, seemed to work OK but wasn't particularly pretty , will see if I can find a pic.
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Mick wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:10 pmI fitted a willwood dual circuit master cylinder
You planning on running disks unboosted Mick?

Had heard for a while that the Willwood gear will do it, and ended up buying a "booster delete" option (dual master, no booster) for the son's VL. Have yet to fit it, but interested to see how you go.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Belly760

Post by Belly760 »

Mick wrote:i've seen pics of them not sure if here or facebook but want to see pics and speak with people that have fitted gas struts to hold their bonnet up, want ones mounted to body and bonnet not on the hinge, i fitted a willwood dual circuit master cylinder and there's no room for the spring, i'm happy to just use a stick but if i can put a gas strut on even better
thanks
Mick I believe [mention]Brett027 [/mention] is putting V6 Conversion gas struts in his to fit around a brake booster. Maybe contact him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FB Ute Stock
EK Ute in Pieces
gpi
State: VIC

Post by gpi »

scoob had hidden struts on helenor, maybe ask briby now
gpi
State: VIC

Post by gpi »

Harv wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:08 am
Mick wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:10 pmI fitted a willwood dual circuit master cylinder

Had heard for a while that the Willwood gear will do it, and ended up buying a "booster delete" option (dual master, no booster) for the son's VL. Have yet to fit it, but interested to see how you go.

Cheers,
Harv
best thing to do with vls was adapt the vs booster with vt master and 330 twins, there was a guy in qld modifying the rear handbrake shoes to run 315mm rears too
Harv

Post by Harv »

A bit O/T for Micks request, but the VL ended up with 355 six-spots on the front and 320mm four-spots on the rear.

Thought long and hard about Harrop ultimate kit (381/355) but suspect the vehicle will spend more time on the quarter than circuit racing.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Harv wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:08 am

Cheers,
Harv
they're definitely NOT like boosted brakes, they work ok but definitely need more leg effort to apply brakes, i don't think i'de like it as an option for a fast car and i'm sure they won't perform like boosted disc brakes in an emergency, i have had a few VE VG valiants that had dual circuit unboosted disc front drum rear brakes and they were just like boosted brakes little effort etc, these are closer to what they are unboosted disc brakes, and we did move the position of the pushrod for better ratio
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter