crap wipers not making contact with windscreen

If it doesn't fit below then post here and see if another FB EK fanatic can help you out.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mick
State: NSW

crap wipers not making contact with windscreen

Post by Mick »

does anybody have any ideas or suggestions for getting my wipers to make better contact with my windscreen? up to around 80kmh drivers side is OKish but passenger side is useless, above 80ish they are both pretty crap
thanks
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Errol62
State: SA

Re: crap wipers not making contact with windscreen

Post by Errol62 »

Always been hopeless. The wing things don’t do anything. Thought about stronger springs. But Rainex or just body wax is the best solution. Unfortunately it doesn’t work well with dirty spray off the road.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

What are the pivots on the arm like Mick ? they seem to get sticky with age some of them so the spring can't do its job properly - you can bend the arms a bit too which puts more weight on the spring
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
gledge
State: SA

Post by gledge »

Easiest way is to keep it out of the rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Clay, i hate wipers in any car so rainex is usually the go to but for some reason it doesn't work on the EK maybe the chopped screen with sunvisor, the drops ball but fail to blow off
Blacky yeah all good re the pivots i bent the arms today, when i can be bothered i'll take it out and try them now, i did assume it would be springs lost tension :thumbsup:
Gledge it would be nice :lol: i've done about 5000ks in the last 4 months (multiple trips Coffs to Sydney return and Coffs to Canberra return) and every f#%kin time it's rained all the way both directions :x
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter