Hell froze over today …..

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

parisian62
State: NSW

Re: Hell froze over today …..

Post by parisian62 »

😮 what a start to 2022 Blacky! It can only get better from here 🤣 Happy New Year 👍🏻
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
FbSTDwagon
State: SA

Post by FbSTDwagon »

Yeah that a wicked wagoon!

Careful of the power the grey puts out!!!
Drew
60Special
State: WA

Post by 60Special »

I’m really worried about you buying an EK. Worse still is that you’ve advertised the fact.
Can you return it before the cooling off period ends?
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Sadly no Trev , I am stuck with the bloody thing ImageImage
I spent some of today literally polishing a turd ….. after I fixed all the stuff that didn’t work , the indicators, headlights, park lights, horn and speedo all weren’t working - no surprise seeing I bought it off an autosparky ImageImage
The clutch master is leaking back into the cabin - I don’t have a spare so if I can’t find one tomorrow morning I won’t be able to take it on our club run tomorrow arvo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Errol62

Post by Errol62 »

The turd is polishing up pretty nicely.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
mph

Post by mph »

I have a newish clutch master mate, I installed it new, did one drive around the block. The next drive in the fb i had the traumatic swapped in. it's been sitting in the spares box in the shed since then. if you want it mate.

FB-Special
Big block 161 :lol:
Holley sniper EFI.
Vintage air ducted heat and cool.
Ek auto column shift.
Lj diff and reverse lights.
WA FB~EK Car Club Member.
In the Shed

Post by In the Shed »

Nice work Blacky
Doesn’t look like the same car! Chuck a blanket over the seat, Floyd in the back with the window open and your good to go! :thumbsup:

Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
FJWALLY
State: VIC

Post by FJWALLY »

Nice one Blacky - EK’s is cool - hows the rest of it rust wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will find me lost somewhere!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

FJWALLY wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:09 am hows the rest of it rust wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Apart from the outer sills, bottom of drivers front guard and the A pillar its actually pretty good , a few pinholes in the floor and around the fuel tank as per normal but apart from that it seems OK , no idea whats under the paint of course, there are obvious patches of bog in it.

Took it for a trip to a club run yesterday, its as twitchy as an altered at 90-100kph :shock: , going to whip the front wheels off today and check the front end geometry - all the components are new and its not wanderey so hoping its an alignment issue , will wind all the caster I can into it and try again. Speedo stopped working coming home yesterday and it has more rattles than a millionaires baby so will try and resurrect some bailey channels out of spare doors. The sound pad is missing off the firewall and the blanking plug for the heater hoses is missing so lots of little things to do to make it less unpleasant to drive - if I want nice I will just take my FB :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:

62ekute
State: ACT

Post by 62ekute »

I didn't see that one advertised - unless it was this one

EK.jpg
EK.jpg (59.44 KiB) Viewed 563 times
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

The only ad I saw for it was when the guy sent out a group email to all the club members giving them first bite before he advertised it on Gumtree- on Xmas eve. I gather no one else took any interest because I was the only one who replied

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Did some more work on the turder today , wound a couple of turns of caster into it and checked the toe in , had nearly 3/8” and max is meant to be 3/16” so redid that but haven’t driven it yet to see if it will be better.
Also cleaned up all the spilt brake fluid underneath after the leaky clutch master dramas and had a good look around while under there , it’s actually pretty bloody solid, has all its original floors and while there are a few pinholes they are well and truly usable as they are , there is a little bit of passengers side inner sill to replace and the front bit as per normal plus a couple of patches required under the rear bumper and that’s about it.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Floors and inner sills, the previous owner painted the inner floor with some kind of paint , that’s what the blobs are. - Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »