Door trim top stainless

Includes seating, upholstery, door trims, dashboard and heater.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Door trim top stainless

Post by EK283 »

Door trim top stainless.

Hi Guys, I'm having some difficulty getting my top stainless trim on without pinching where the door trim clips go.

If i put the trim on first then the clips I can see them on the vinyl side, I know they go under the trim on the originals so I'm assuming the strip goes on after the clips but when i do it that way it looks like i will pinch the vinyl at the clip base.

Anyone have this issue and if so how did you go about getting the clip base under the trim on the vinyl side ?

Greg
So many cars so little time!
stinky
State: SA

Re: Door trim top stainless

Post by stinky »

I've always done trim then clips, can you post a picture as it is not clear what the issue is.
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Thanks Stinky for your reply,

It turns out the door card material is about 1mm thicker than the original and when I installed the clips it opens them up hence pushing against the vinyl.

I had to remove the fabric and sponge and grind the edge down and whilst i was at it I relieved the area where the clip sits so it was flush with the card.

Problem solved !!!!!!

Greg
So many cars so little time!
stinky
State: SA

Post by stinky »

Glad to hear you got it sorted, another option would have been to open up the gap on the clips with a hammer and a piece of flat bar.