FB’s of Gove

Have you spotted any FB's or EK's we haven't seen before. Post your pics here.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Blacky
State: WA

Re: FB’s of Gove

Post by Blacky »

Had a HR ute - Image

Plus a pretty cool FJ custom Image
Had a HQ power steering box in it with HQ steering arms, idler arm etc !!! Never seen it done before - got a feeling the centre link has been narrowed so guessing it’s not legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Interesting EK with a vinyl roof and LC / LJ (GTR) dash, not something you see too often!
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
Harv
State: NSW

Post by Harv »

In the Shed wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:44 pm Interesting EK with a vinyl roof and LC / LJ (GTR) dash, not something you see too often!
And an Impala floor shifter 8)

Aussie 4-speed methinks.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:15 pm

And an Impala floor shifter 8)

Aussie 4-speed methinks.

Cheers,
Harv
Nope , 3 speed , see the offset ??? Old skool baby 😎😎👍👍
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

The HQ steering box . . . got it . . . it's in the FJ. Along with an HR front crossmember. I don't think the steering connecting rod's been shortened, because it's HR also. But you'd need to pay attention to the mounting locations of the steering box and idler arm, because, if anything, the Humpy drag link is longer (idler to Pitman) than in an HR.

Rob
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Looks like a great amount of work went into the J but Christ its Fugly !!!

Vinyl roof on the EK ?? What were they thinking ????

Greg
So many cars so little time!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ardiesse wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:38 pm The HQ steering box . . . got it . . . it's in the FJ. Along with an HR front crossmember. I don't think the steering connecting rod's been shortened, because it's HR also. But you'd need to pay attention to the mounting locations of the steering box and idler arm, because, if anything, the Humpy drag link is longer (idler to Pitman) than in an HR.

Rob
Oh , he told me it was all HQ , but if its HR then it might all work - but as you say it would need to be carefully done to prevent any bump steer or ackerman issues.

fb delivery
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by fb delivery »

The EK with the vinyl roof and xu1 dash [ had a chome glove box as well ]
was from the QLD Auto Museum at Hampton sold a few years ago now { see my old photos }

Rob
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

fb delivery wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:22 pm The EK with the vinyl roof and xu1 dash [ had a chome glove box as well ]
was from the QLD Auto Museum at Hampton sold a few years ago now { see my old photos }

Rob
He bought the FJ from down your way as well Rob.

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Pitman arm splines will be different.

FB ute driver, EK van project

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie